Candied green beans are a twist on traditional green beans. The beans themselves are super tasty and flavorful because you sauté them in the bacon grease and season with salt and pepper. Top with smoky, crumbled bacon, sweet, candied pecans, and a subtle brown sugar glaze to make everybody eat their veggies.
The Perfect Side
These green beans are the perfect side for so many meals:
Just to name a few!
What Do I Need To Make Candied Bacon Green Beans
The ingredient list is simple for these tasty little beans. You’ll need:
- fresh green beans
- brown sugar
How Do I Make Candied Green Beans?
Let me give you the run down. This dish is easy, but produces gourmet results!
- Snip the ends of your green beans.
- Blanch beans in boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain.
- Combine pecans, sugar, salt, and water in a large skillet to make candied nuts. Cook over medium heat until sugar is melted and nuts are toasted. Transfer to a plate to cook.
- In the same skillet cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon using a slotted spoon and transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Leave bacon grease in pan.
- Add blanched green beans to pan and cook in bacon grease about 5 minutes. Toss in brown sugar and gently toss until sugar is dissolved and beans are coated.
- Add in nuts and bacon. Transfer to a serving platter.
Need Some Other Side Dish Ideas?
Are you looking for delicious side dishes to complete your feast? We have tons of ideas! Check out:
- mashed potatoes
- creamed corn
- cinnamon cranberry sauce
- sweet potato casserole
- bacon brussel sprouts
Let’s Be BFFs!
If you tried this candied green bean recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to!
Top with smoky, crumbled bacon, sweet, candied pecans, and a subtle brown sugar glaze to make errrrrbody eat their veggies!
- 2 pounds fresh green beans
- 1 pound bacon diced
- 1 1/4 tsp salt divided
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 cut pecans
- 2/4 cup brown sugar divided
- 1 Tbsp water
Wash green beans and trim beans of their tails by lining up the edges a handful and slicing them off. Flip handful around and repeat on other side.
Place green beans in a large pot of boiling water and blanch for 2-3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Place pecans, 1 T brown sugar, 1/8 t salt, and 1/2 T water in frying pan. Heat on medium heat, stirring frequently with wooden spoon until sugar has melted and coated pecans, about 10 minutes. Remove pecans from pan and set on plate to cool.
Chop bacon into 1/2" slices. Fry in frying pan until cooked. Set aside on paper towel-lined plate to drain, reserving bacon grease in pan.
Add green beans to bacon grease, stir to coat. Cook on medium 5 minutes, or until beans have just softened.
Add remaining 1/4 c brown sugar and cooked bacon to beans. Cook on medium until brown sugar glaze has thickened, about 5 minutes. Serve hot.
I've made this dish with walnuts in leu of the pecans and it is just as delicious.