Italian Sodas are one of the best drinks ever! They have yet to fail me at a girls night, movie night, books club, family gathering, or any other occasion. Why are they so awesome? Well not only are they heavenly to consume, but they are incredibly fun and customizable. Every guest gets to dream up their own little concoction. Let me show you how to make a italian soda.
What you need to make an Italian soda
- Syrup like Torani Syrup. I love this brand because they are great quality with an amazing range of flavors you can really come up with some on point combinations.
- Sparkling water or club soda. It doesn’t matter which one, unless you have a preference. You need to have a flavorless sparkling base for this drink.
- Ice. Keep it nice and chilled
- Cream or whipping cream.
How to make an Italian Soda
Number one! Start with the syrup. You need about 3 tbs of your favorite flavored syrup. of course this can be a combination of flavors!
Add the ice.
Step 3: Add your Sparkling water or soda
PRO TIP: Make sure you soda is nice and chilled before you serve. It’ll keep the flavors from getting watered down and taste more refreshing.
STEP 4: The cream. The cream can be tricky because you can do it two ways.
- You can use heavy cream and pour about 1 tbs into the drink.
2. Or you can choose a whipped cream on top!
Top them with your favorite garnishes to enhance the flavor or leave them just as is. I love to always serve them with a straw so my guests can use the straws and a stirring utensil.
Ideas for garnishes: Mint, limes, maraschino cherries (with stems), pineapple, strawberries and other fruit.
How to make an Italian Soda Bar
Now that you know how to make them you must throw a party and have an italian soda bar. They are ALWAYS a hit, I know because I basically serve them at every party at my house. Here are some tips:
- Make some cute signs of flavor combinations for friends (trust me, they can get overwhelmed checking out the plethora of flavors). Here are some of my favorites.
- pineapple and coconut
- cherry and lime
- peach and mango
- pomegranate and lime
- strawberry and lemon
- coconut and strawberry
- mint and lime
2. Buy some pumps for the bottles! SOOO much easier and less messy, and no measuring.
3. Use paper cups, straws and CHILL your sparkling soda. Make life easier.
3. Explain before hand how it works, maybe even make a few signs with measurements. Have the table set up in assembly line format with syrups first, then ice, soda and toppings. Let them go at it a try all their own combinations.
Heavenly to consume, incredibly fun, and customizable. Every guest gets to dream up their own little concoction!
- 3 tbsp Torani Flavored Syrups
- 1 cup Ice
- 12 oz Club Soda or sparkling water
- 1 tbsp Cream either Heavy or Whipped
- Maraschino Cherries and other toppings like limes, lemons, fruit, pineapple
Using a tall clear glass, add in any combination of flavored syrups about 3 tbsp of syrup total.
Add in ice.
Fill with club soda or sparking water.
Top with a little drizzle of heavy cream or mound of whipped cream.
Top with a maraschino cherry or other toppings coordinating with your flavors.
Swirl gently with a straw before drinking.
Chill soda before hand