These delicious, tender, and sweet carrots are made in minutes using the pressure cooker.
This is a recipe I’ve been making for so long. I’m pretty sure it happened because I had some leftover honey butter from making a pan of corn bread and then decided to toss some of the honey butter combo in with the carrots. I had had a butter and syrup combo before so I knew carrots would taste delicious with this sweet buttery combo. It has been a favorite in our house, a staple. More often than not my kids have to have their carrots this way than any other way.
I LOVE this titan peeler. I have mentioned it before, but for all our new readers- you need to pick one of these baby’s up. You can peel back and forth making for a wicked fast peel. It says it “never dulls” and so far, after years of use it peels like it did the first day.
Glazed Carrots In The Pressure Cooker
The pressure cooker has changed the way I cook. I love the ease of the recipes and the speed of the cooking. I’m always impressed by how delicious my recipes are that I cook in the pressure cooker. I used to make these carrots on the stove top, which you of course can – but I’m converted to the pressure cooker method. I’ve included instructions for both methods in the recipe card.
A few of my favorite meals that I add this recipe to are a Thanksgiving turkey, meatloaf, or chicken cordon bleu. Sometimes its the simplicity of a side that I love.
GIVE US YOUR FEEDBACK!
If you tried these glazed carrots or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to!
This dish is a simple classic side to accent all those complicated entrees you got goin'!
- 6-10 whole carrots
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbs honey
- 2 Tbs Butter
- 1 tsp salt
- Peel and cut carrots as desired.
- Increase water to 2 cups.
- Bring carrots and water to a boil and let simmer until they reach desired tenderness.
- Drain carrots (you may leave a few TBS of water) and add honey, butter, salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
- 1. Peel and cut carrots as desired.
- 2. Combine all ingredients in pressure cooker.
- 3. Close lid, and set valve to seal. Cook on high for 4 minutes.
- 4. Use a quick release when cooking is complete.
- 5. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to platter. Serve immediately.