Perfect For A BBQ
Asparagus – Bring On The Green
Fresh asparagus, creamy avocado, juicy tomatoes, and salty feta come together for the perfect summer side dish.
- 1 LB asparagus trimmed and halved
- 1 pint small tomatoes cherry, grape, hierlum, etc., halved
- 2 avocados cubed
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 TBSP dijon mustard
- 1 TBSP kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- juice from one lemon
- Boil a large pot of water. Meanwhile, trim your asparagus and slice in half. Half your tomatoes. Cube your avocados.
Blanch your asparagus by boiling for 1-3 minutes until color is bright green. Immediately transfer to an ice bath to stop cooking.
- Combine asparagus, tomatoes, avocados, and cheese.
- Prepare dressing in a small bowl by whisking oil, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pour over the asparagus mixture and toss to combine. Chill in fridge until served.