Crispy, salty. cheesy, baked zucchini! Doesn't that sound amazing? You'll never believe how easy this parmesan crusted zucchini is!
HOW TO MAKE PARMESAN CRUSTED ZUCCHINI
STEP ONE: The Zucchini
You can slice your zucchini really any way that you prefer? If you like more of a zucchini stick instead of sliced zucchini, chop it up that way! I cut them in different ways all the time, This time I sliced them, you dont want them sliced too thin, about ¼ an inch.
STEP TWO: COAT THE ZUCCHINI
To create a nice crispy crust you will want to coat the zucchini in olive oil. Then you are ready to dip them into the crust.
What kind of parmesan do I use? you will want to use fresh grated parmesan. Instead of the shelf stable kraft kind (gross) go to the specialty cheese section and pick up a tub of freshly grated parmesan cheese, OR a fresh block of parmesan cheese.
Did you know my tub of freshly grated parmesan cheese from the specialty cheese isle was THE SAME PRICE as the processed parmesan cheese from the shelf? However, it taste a million times better.
STEP THREE: MIX THE INGREDIENTS AND COAT
Chop your parsley and mix all the cheese and salts together. toss them in a large bowl. After coating your zucchini in oil dip both side generously into the parmesan mixture.
HOW TO BAKE THE PARMESAN COATED ZUCCHINI
Depending on how you decide to cut your zucchini will change how long you bake it, but no matter how long your baking you'll want to bake it like this on a cooling sheet to that air is able to circulate around the crust and make it nice and crispy.
STEP FOUR: BAKE
For thinner zucchini like shown I like to just broil it for a few minutes and even sometimes flip it half way. If you choose to cut your zucchini into spears so it is like a thick, long triangle you will want to bake for about 10 minutes and then broil to crisp up the crust.
Keep In Touch
Please let me know if you make this delicious baked zucchini! I love to hear from those who make my recipes. If you want to keep up with our newest recipes, make sure you follow is on Facebook and Instagram, and make sure to subscribe to our newsletter.
Parmesan Crusted Zucchini
- 1 cup parmesan cheese fresh, grated
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ cup parsley chopped
- 1 /2 cup olive oil
- 2-3 med zucchini
- In small bowl mix grated parmesan cheese, sea salt, garlic salt and chopped parsley.
- Slice zucchini as desires (pictured I sliced them length wise) coat in olive oil and then generously coat in parmesan mixture.
- Take a cooling rack and lay on a sheet cake pan. Place zucchini on cooling rack. This allows the air circulate around the zucchini to help create a crispy crust.
- Broil sliced zucchini for 2-4 minutes and flip. Broil opposite side, until crust is golden brown and crispy. If zucchini is cut into spears bake at 350 for 15 minutes, skin side down, and broil for 2-4 minutes until golden brown.