Easy zucchini bread that is so delicious and full of goodness. This bread is a great way to use up summer zucchini and makes a delicious breakfast or snack. Spread with butter or jam and enjoy with a cup of herbal tea or milk.
What Is Zucchini Bread?
Zucchini bread is a quick bread, made without yeast. Quick bread is any bread leavened with leavening agents other than yeast. Common quick breads are banana bread, pumpkin bread and corn bread. This easy zucchini bread recipe combines fresh zucchini & warm spicesfor a sweet and deliciously dense bread with a sugary crust.
What Do I Need To Make This Recipe?
For this recipe you'll need:
- fresh zucchini
- canola or vegetable oil
- baking powder
- baking soda
How do you make zucchini bread from scratch?
1. Take your fresh garden zucchini and grate, using a box grater, to make a beautiful mess. You will need two cups.
Pro Tip: One large zucchini or two small zucchini = 2 cups grated.
2. Cream oil and sugar together.
3. Add eggs and vanilla and mix.
4. Combine zucchini with the mixture. Mix.
5. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
6. Mix until just combined. Don't over mix.
7. Divide between to greased loaf pans.
8. Bake at 325 degrees for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Add in one cup pecans, dried cranberries, or chocolate chips.
- Create a crumb topping by combining butter, brown sugar, and flour and adding to the top of the batter before baking. (combine ⅓ cup brown sugar, 4 tablespoon melted butter, and ⅔ cup of flour. Scatter over the top of bread prior to baking.)
Zucchini Bread Q&A
Should I remove the seeds to my zucchini?
If your zucchini is large, you should remove the seeds. By the time the zucchini has large and well formed seeds, it is tougher and the seeds are tough to eat and often taste bitter. They will not be pleasant in the zucchini bread, so it's recommended that you scoop them out before adding the flesh to the bread. If your zucchini is small to medium sized, there is no need to remove.
How many zucchini equals two cups grated?
One large zucchini or two small zucchini = 2 cups grated.
How do I grate my zucchini?
How do I know when my zucchini bread is done?
Test With A Toothpick – At 50 minutes, start testing your bread for doneness. Stick a toothpick in the center of the bread. If it comes out clean, the bread is done. If batter sticks to the toothpick, you're looking at more cooking time.
Can I freeze zucchini bread?
You sure can! Wrap tightly in aluminum foil and then in plastic wrap. Freeze for up to 3 months.
I love quick bread - do you have other recipes?
Check out our:
What Tools Do I Need To Make This Recipe?
- The only thing you need are loaf pans.
- It is nice to have a hand or stand mixer, but you can stir by hand also.
- It is also nice to have box grater.
Stay In Touch!
If you tried this Easy Zucchini Bread or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re up to!
Easy Zucchini Bread Recipe
- 2 cups zucchini grated
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Divide between two greased 9" loaf pans.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour.