Potstickers are a fabulous appetizer or side dish to your meals. Our new favorite way to cook these babies up is in the air fryer. They turn out deliciously hot and crispy. They basically impossible to mess up but still I'm showing a few tips and tricks on how to make air fryer potstickers perfectly!
WHY MAKE POTSTICKERS IN THE AIR FRYER?
- They come out perfect every time! Whereas when we steam and pan fry our potstickers I swear we always burn or ruin a few of them. or all of them. They are hardly as temperamental.
- You can make a lot of them at once! Whereas when you make potstickers in a pan you can only fit a handful. Thats fine if there's only one or two servings needed, but for my family I need much more than that.
WHAT BRAND OF POTSTICKERS DO I BUY?
I've tried both TAI PEI and Ling Ling in this air fryer and both worked really well. I do feel like the Tai Pei came out a little better. But if you prefer Ling Ling by all means use that brand.
DO I NEED TO THAW THE POTSTICKERS FIRST?
NO, keep the potstickers frozen. If they are thawed, you can still cook them using the same process just cook them for less time.
WHAT KIND OF AIR FRYER DO I NEED TO MAKE AIR FRYER POTSTICKERS?
Any air fryer will work. My preferred air fryer is an air fryer that has shelves. But if yours has a drawer you will be able to follow the steps the same.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO MAKE AIR FRYER POTSTICKERS?
- FROZEN POTSTICKERS
- SPRAY OIL
WHAT KIND OF SPRAY OIL DO I NEED?
You can use anything from PAM to avocado oil or coconut oil. I've used all three and they worked amazing! If you do not have a spray oil you can brush the potstickers with oil.
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER POTSTICKERS
- Spray both sides of your potstickers with oil.
- space them out evenly
AIR FRY YOUR POTSTICKERS
Place your potstickers in the air fryer. Let them cook at 400 for about 5 minutes and check on them. If the tops are cooking faster than the bottom you can flip them half way.
HOW LONG DO I COOK IN THE AIR FRYER
We have tested out a few air fryers and noticed they cook significantly different! So instead of going by a time just check to see when they are turning a golden color and nice and crispy. I like to check mine at 5 minutes and sometimes flip them. I typically cook them for 10-15 minutes.
REMOVE FROM AIR FRYER
Once they are a golden brown remove them from the air fryer. You can make a special dipping sauce or use the one provided by the company.
WHAT ARE SOME OTHER DIPPING SAUCES RECOMMENDED FOR POTSTICKERS
- SWEET CHILI SAUCE
- SOY SAUCE
- TERYIAKI SAUCE
- HOISEN SAUCE
WHAT DO I DO WITH LEFTOVER POTSTICKERS?
If the potstickers are not all devoured you can place them in an air tight bag or container for a few days in the fridge.
WHAT DO I SERVE AIR FRYER POTSTICKERS WITH?
A favorite meal in our house is Ham Fried Rice. We make the potstickers as a side and it is a hit EVERYTIME. My kids request this almost weekly.
MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to!
Air Fryer Potsticker
- air fryer
- 6-12 frozen potstickers
- spray oil
- Spray both sides of postickers with oil.
- Space postickers evenly apart
- air fry at 400 for about 10-15 minutes. Check at about the 5 minute mark. Depending on your air fryer you may need to flip them. When potstickers are golden brown remove from air fryer and serve with dipping sauce.