Copy Cat CPK BBQ Chicken Salad
An Easy – No Cook Meal
When I was first married and learning to cook, I would re-create this tasty salad at homeIt has been a favorite meal at our house for years and years and years. There is no cooking involved – just chopping and tossing.
All you need is:
- iceberg lettuce
- black beans
- cooked chicken
- bbq sauce
- ranch dressing
- chives or green onions
- tortilla strips
How To Chop Lettuce
This recipe is a chopped salad – which I much prefer to eating a regular salad. In a chopped salad all of the ingredients are cut to the same size for easier eating and better dressing distribution.
For this bbq chicken salad I like to use iceberg lettuce. Let me show you how to chop it.
1. First – remove the outter leafs of lettuce – usually about 2 or 3.
2. Second – remove the core by pressing the head of lettuce firmly against your cutting board. It should break right off.
3. Third – Discard the core.
4. Fourth – Half head of lettuce, and slice half into 1/2 inch slices.
5. Fifth – Rotate head, and slice across into half inch slices.
6. Sixth – Repeat of second half of lettuce head. This produces half inch piece of lettuce.
Herb Ranch Dressing
- sour cream
- white vinegar
- dehydrated onion
- dehydrated garlic
Pro Tip: Use the dressing mode on your Blendtec blender for a perfect dressing consistency.
Use Pre-cooked Chicken
Keep In Touch
Please let me know if you make this delicious salad! I love to hear from those who make my recipes. If you want to keep up with our newest recipes, make sure you follow is on Facebook and Instagram, and make sure to subscribe to our newsletter.
A copycat for the BBQ Chicken chopped salad from CPK and Panera.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce chopped
- 8 oz can of corn drained
- 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed, use about half
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese grated
- 1 avocado diced
- 2 tbsp basil minced
- 2 cups precooked chicken cubed or shredded
- 1/2 cup BBQ Sauce
- 1 large roma tomato diced
- 1 cup tortilla strips
- 1 cup herb ranch dressing recipe below
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp dehydrated onion
- 1/2 tsp dehydration garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh dill minced
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley minced
- 1 tbsp fresh chived minced
- pepper to taste
- salt to taste
Combined lettuce, corn, beans, cheese, avocado, and basil. Toss together with ranch dressing. Transfer to a large serving platter. Sprinkle with tortilla chips.
Combine chicken and BBQ sauce. Place atop salad. Drizzle with extra BBQ sauce.
Combine all ingredients in a blender.
Blend until smooth.
PRESSURE COOKER: Place 2-3 chicken breasts with BBQ sauce in pressure cooker. Select poultry and cook frozen breasts for 10 minutes natural release and 5 minutes if thawed. Shred with forks and serve with salad.