Easy, tender, and flavorful Brussels sprouts with bacon and garlic. This tasty side dish takes minutes to whip up and is the perfect addition to any meal.
What Do I Need To Make Brussels Sprouts With Bacon & Garlic?
- Green Onions
- Salt & Pepper
- Coconut Oil
How Do I Make Bacon Brussels?
Making this tasty side dish comes together in just a few minutes.
- Slice your Brussels sprouts in half. While you’re chopping, mince your garlic and slice your green onions.
- Brown your bacon and use a slotted spoon to transfer bacon to a plate lined with paper towel. Reserve bacon grease.
- Add coconut oil to hot pan. When melted, toss in Brussels, green onion, and garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add in water and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until tender crisp.
Pro Tip: Use coconut oil to cut the bitterness of the Brussel sprouts.
What Should I Serve Bacon Brussels With?
These Brussel sprouts are the perfect addition to many meals! Try them with:
GIVE US YOUR FEEDBACK!
If you tried this bacon Brussel sprouts recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to!
Easy, tender, and flavorful Brussel sprouts with bacon and garlic. This tasty side dish takes minutes to whip up and is the perfect addition to any meal.
- 1 lb brussels sprouts sliced in half
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 5 strips of bacon
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 green onion sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp water
- fresh parmesan cheese optional
Wash brussles sprouts and cut in half. Chop up bacon, green onion and garlic cloves.
Cook bacon in a skillet on medium high heat. Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
Add coconut oil- and allow to heat up. When hot add garlic, brussel sprouts, onion and 1/2 tsp salt. Sauté till brussels sprouts start browning.(2-3 minutes) Add a few tablespoons of water and allow them to steam for a 2-3 minutes until tender crisp.
Top with bacon and fresh ground pepper. Add freshly shaved cheese and more salt if desired.