Easy, tender, and flavorful Brussels sprouts with bacon and garlic. This tasty side dish takes minutes to whip up and is the perfect addition to any meal.
What Do I Need To Make Brussels Sprouts With Bacon & Garlic?
- Green Onions
- Salt & Pepper
- Coconut Oil
How Do I Make Bacon Brussels?
Making this tasty side dish comes together in just a few minutes.
- Slice your Brussels sprouts in half. While you're chopping, mince your garlic and slice your green onions.
- Brown your bacon and use a slotted spoon to transfer bacon to a plate lined with paper towel. Reserve bacon grease.
- Add coconut oil to hot pan. When melted, toss in Brussels, green onion, and garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add in water and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until tender crisp.
Pro Tip: Use coconut oil to cut the bitterness of the Brussel sprouts.
What Should I Serve Bacon Brussels With?
These Brussel sprouts are the perfect addition to many meals! Try them with:
GIVE US YOUR FEEDBACK!
If you tried this bacon Brussel sprouts recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to!
5-minute Bacon Garlic Brussels Sprouts
- 1 lb brussels sprouts sliced in half
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 5 strips of bacon
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 green onion sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 Tablespoon water
- fresh parmesan cheese optional
- Wash brussles sprouts and cut in half. Chop up bacon, green onion and garlic cloves.
- Cook bacon in a skillet on medium high heat. Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Add coconut oil- and allow to heat up. When hot add garlic, brussel sprouts, onion and ½ teaspoon salt. Sauté till brussels sprouts start browning.(2-3 minutes) Add a few tablespoons of water and allow them to steam for a 2-3 minutes until tender crisp.
- Top with bacon and fresh ground pepper. Add freshly shaved cheese and more salt if desired.