Soft, thick cut bread that is smothered with a cheesy butter and grilled to perfection. This Sizzler Cheese Toast is a delicious side or snack. Whip this up using only three ingredients, 10 minutes and a skillet. You can't get easier than that!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
We've all been to Sizzler, right? They were kind of the original all you can eat salad bar. I remember going there as a kid and I thought it was fabulous! My opinion has changed quite a bit about that restaurant as I've matured, but one opinion hasn't - SIZZLER CHEESE BREAD IS AMAZING! You gotta admit it! One of my best friends used to work at Sizzler in high school - and she is the one who gave me this recipe - so it's safe to say this is pretty spot on!
You're going to love this recipe because:
- It only has 3 ingredients.
- Comes together in about 10 minutes.
- Is the perfect side to any meal.
- Everyone loves it!
About The Ingredients
All of the ingredients for this recipe can be purchased at your local grocery store. Here are a few items to note:
- Thick cut bread - you want to select a thick sliced, soft bread. A few of my favorites are Artesano brand, or a nice thick sourdough.
- Salted butter - we are not adding salt to this recipe, so make sure you select salted butter.
- Grated parmesan cheese - you want to purchase grated parmesan cheese that can be purchased in a plastic shaker. This can be located near the pasta sauce at the grocery store.
Pro Tip: Choose a soft white bread for this. Like Artesano or Wonderbread. Texas toast style bread also works well if you like a thicker bread.
A complete list of ingredients and amounts can be located in the recipe card below.
Tell Me How To Make Sizzler Cheese Bread!
This recipe comes together really fast - here is how you do it:
Step 1 - Start by whipping your butter with a hand or stand mixer until nice and creamy. This will take about 2 minutes.
Step 2 - Add grated parmesan (the powder kind found near the jarred pasta sauce), and garlic powder and mix with your hand or stand mixer until well combined.
Step 3 - Spread thick on your sliced bread.
Step 4 - Place butter-side down on a skillet that has been pre-heated to medium-high heat and cook until the butter-side is golden brown.
Pro Tip: Use an electric griddle to cook in larger batches. You can fit 6-8 slices on a griddle while you can only cook 1-2 pieces on a skillet.
Step 5 - Do not flip. Cook only the butter side.
Step 6 - Serve immediately.
- Amp up the garlic - Try adding a little garlic (1 clove minced) mixed into the cheese butter for a garlic hit. Garlic cheese toast is always a good idea.
- Make it herby - Dried herbs are a great addition to the cheese spread - such as oregano, parsley, or rosemary.
While I do not know their exact recipe, a friend who worked there gave me this version and I think its pretty darn close.
I recommend eating this bread right after you make it. While you can store it, reheating changes the taste and texture of the bread. So skip storing it and enjoy when you make it.
More Recipes You'll Love!
Check out more of our delicious bread recipes:
Let's Be Besties!
If you tried this Sizzler copycat Toasted Cheese Bread or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to!
Copycat Sizzler Cheese Toast
- 12 slices soft white bread thick, pre-sliced
- 1 cup butter at room temp
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Whip butter with a hand or stand mixer until fluffy. About 2 minutes
- Mix in cheese and whip until combined. Continue to mix for 1-2 minutes.
- Spread a thick layer of butter and cheese mixture over each slice of bread.
- Heat a skillet or griddle to medium high heat.
- Place slices buttered side down and cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until butter and cheese spread is golden and the back side is soft. Do not flip, you are only cooking the buttered side.
- Serve immediately.
Pro Tip: Choose a soft white bread for this. Like Artesano or Wonderbread. Texas toast style bread also works well if you like a thicker bread.Variations
- Try adding a little garlic (1 clove minced) mixed into the cheese butter for a garlic hit.
- Dried herbs are a great addition such as oregano, parsley, or rosemary.