Have you ever eaten at Noodles and Company? Our dish of choice was the penne rosa! It had the spicy tomato cream sauce, fresh tomatoes and spinach, mushrooms, and parmesan crusted chicken. To die for.
Take Out Made At Home
We have been making our at home version of their Penne Rosa ever since we moved away from San Diego and our local Noodles and Company. It has been a lazy Sunday afternoon staple for years and years and years around this house. We adore how fast and easy this dish is to whip up and to us it is the ultimate comfort food. Reminds us of home and reminds us of lots and lots of happy memories during our dating years.
Creating Penne Rosa At Home
This is a semi-homemade recipe and doesn’t require lots of skill or a pantry full of special spices or ingredients. It is a solid, basic, make any day of the week meal that I promise will please your tummy!
I’ve subbed canned tomatoes for fresh when they aren’t in season and we’ve loved it just the same! I hope you’ll try this easy dinner this week!
Secrets To Perfect Parmesan Chicken
One rule to follow when cooking your chicken is to resist the urge to be flip happy. DO NOT. I repeat. Do not flip your chicken a gazillion times. You want to cook each side only once. The chicken will naturally release from the pan when it is done cooking – so you shouldn’t have to scrape it out of your frying pan at all.
Shop The Penne Rosa Post:
Stay In Touch!
If you tried this Penne Rosa or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to!
Copy cat recipe of Noodle's and Co Penne Rosa. A spicy tomato cream sauce tossed with penne, tomatoes, and spinach - topped with parmesan chicken. Click here now for the full recipe!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp olive oil divided
- 24 oz jar of marinara sauce
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp + crushed red pepper flakes adjust depending on how spicy you like it
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 oz can sliced mushrooms or 1/2 cup fresh drained (optional)
- 3 small tomatoes diced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 16 oz penne pasta
- grated parmesan cheese for garnish
- Prepare penne pasta per package instructions.
- Meanwhile, Combine bread crumbs and parmesan cheese in a small bowl.
- Coat chicken in bread crumb mixture.
- Cook chicken in a skillet with 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat until cooked through and lightly browned. Set aside to rest.
- Add remaining 2 tbsp of oil to the skillet and cook garlic until fragrant.
- Add in diced tomatoes and chicken broth. Cook for 1 minutes.
- Add marinara sauce and crushed red pepper. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in cream.
- Add mushrooms, spinach. Cook until heated through.
- Toss with penne.
Serve your Penne Rosa with chicken and garnished with additional parmesan cheese.