This is a pasta recipe that even non-pasta loving people will obsess with!! I only say this from experience. It is a simple, non-complicated but extremely delicious gourmet meal. This easy fettuccine alfredo with a few secret ingredients will knock your socks off.
WHAT IS FETTUCCINE ALFREDO?
Fettuccine Alfredo is an Italian pasta dish. Fettuccine is a long, wide pasta noodle and Alfredo is a white cheese cream sauce. Put them together and you have fettuccine alfredo. It is a famously popular dish for a reason- it is delish! There is a few extra special ingredients that will take this homemade east fettuccine alfredo recipe.
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO YOU NEED TO MAKE EASY FETTUCCINE ALFREDO?
There are only a few ingredients for fettuccine alfredo
- heavy cream
- pasta (use fettuccine or linguini...ok or any pasta that is your favorite!)
- parmesan cheese
- fresh lemon
WHAT ARE THE SECRET INGREDIENTS?
While you can't make this recipe without cheese and cream what REALLY takes this recipe to the next level is a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and a sprinkle of nutmeg. Im telling you, YOU CAN NOT SKIP THESE INGREDIENTS.
WHERE CAN I FIND WHOLE NUTMEG?
You can find it in your spice isle! If you are having problems finding the nutmeg use ground nutmeg as a substitute.
HOW DO YOU MAKE EASY FETTUCCINE ALFEDO?
- In a medium sauce pan melt your butter
- Add in your cream and stir until combined.
- Heat your cream sauce just until it begins to steam.
DO NOT LET IT BOIL!!
Now that your sauce is hot add
- cheese and stir
- nutmeg for whole nutmeg use a zester or fine cheese grater
- add your parsley
- lemon and continue heating and melting cheese.
HOW DO I GET THE PERFECT SAUCE CONSISTENCY
After you add your cheese and it begins to melt your sauce will be a thick cheesy consistency. DON'T FREAK OUT! Keep your heating on medium heat and as the cheese melts it will combine with cream and become a smooth liquid consistency.
MY SAUCE IS RUNNY HOW DO I THICKEN IT?
You don't. While your sauce is fresh and hot it will be thin. But as soon as it begins to cool it will thicken so no worries! I recommend removing the pan from the heat and letting it sit for about 5 minutes for perfect consistency, but you dont need to! Serve right off the stove and it's still amazing.
CAN I MAKE THIS SAUCE AHEAD OF TIME?
No, As the sauce sits the oil from the cheese and butter will begin to separate. You can make the noodles ahead of time but not the sauce. GOOD NEWS! this sauce literally takes about 5 minutes to make! So you can make it quickly anywhere.
WHAT CAN I TOP THIS WITH?
- serve with some fresh parsley
- shaved Parmesan
- fresh cracked pepper
WHAT CAN I SERVE THIS RECIPE WITH?
I HIGHLY recommend serving this recipe with
- Easy French Bread Recipe
- fresh or steamed veggies
- grilled chicken!
MAKE THIS RECIPE GLUTEN FREE!
Since the sauce is GF use GF noodles and make a gluten free meal!
Did You MAKE THIS RECIPE? HAVE QUESTIONS?
Tell us if you make this Orange Julius! We love to hear from those who make my recipes. If you want to keep up with our newest recipes, make sure you follow is on Facebook and Instagram, and make sure to subscribe to our newsletter.
- 16 ounces dried fettuccine
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 5 ounces freshly grated or shaved parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 TBS fresh chopped parsley
- ½ lemon juiced
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg THIS IS A MUST....the secret ingredient!!
- Cook Fettuccine according to directions, drain and set aside in serving bowl.
- While noodles are cooking, in a saucepan combine butter and whipping cream,cook over low heat until butter is melted.
- Add cheese and remaining ingredients
- Pour sauce over hot fettuccine and toss well.
- Serve immediately.
CAN I MAKE THIS SAUCE AHEAD OF TIME?No, As the sauce sits the oil from the cheese and butter will begin to separate. You can make the noodles ahead of time but not the sauce. GOOD NEWS! this sauce literally takes about 5 minutes to make! So you can make it quickly anywhere.