Who does not crave fluffy, homemade breadsticks? When a garlicky salty crust and a soft buttery bite every time you dive into it? I mean, it goes PERFECT with not only just about every meal but its also the perfect accessory to take to every dinner or party. Everyone loves homemade bread.
How to make the best homemade breadsticks
What I love about this breadstick recipe is that it is really easy and uses minimal ingredients yet they have the best flavor! The ingredients for the dough you will need:
- luke warm water
- sugar and salt
Start by mixing the warm water, yeast and sugar together. You'll want to make sure the yeast bubbles and is still active. Once the yeast has bubbled for a couple of minutes turn on mixer and slowly add in your 3 cups of flour and salt. Leave mixer on med-low speed and let knead the dough for about 1-2 minutes after the ingredients have all been incorporated.
Let the dough rise in the bowl for 10 minutes
How to roll out and cut the breadsticks
- On a lightly floured surface gently roll out the dough to a rectangle and about 1 inch thick.
- Take the melted butter, spread on your sheet cake pan and dip both sides of the dough into the butter.
PRO-TIP Use a pizza cutter to cut the dough! its so fast and so easy!!
3. Now let the breadsticks rise for 15-20 minutes, until they have doubled in size.
The Breadsticks Toppings
The salty garlicky crusty topping is probably the most important part to these breadsticks, aside from their warm fluffiness. You will need:
- Coarse Sea Salt - my personal favorite is Redmonds RealSalt. It's not only the best salty flavor (trust me, we've done taste tests) but it also has over 60 minerals that are amazing for you. It's the only pink sea salt in the mined in the US.
- Garlic salt- Redmonds also has an incredible garlic salt. Might as well pick that up too.
- Parsley Flakes
- Parmesean cheese! We love to add a little fresh powder parmesan cheese.
How to bake the breadsticks
If you tried these Breadsticks or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to!
- 1 ½ cups of warm water
- 3 cups flour about
- 1 Tablespoon yeast
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoon sugar
- garlic salt, parsley flakes, parmesan cheese or other desired toppings
- ½ cup butter melted
- In bowl mix warm water and yeast. Make sure yeast is good by letting it sit for a couple minutes and rise.
- Add sugar and salt. Start mixing and add flour till it is smooth and elastic.
- Let rise for 10 minutes in the bowl.
- Melt 1 cube of butter and pour in edged cookie sheet.
- Roll dough out in rectangle about the same size as the cookie sheet. Cut in 1"x4" strips using a pizza cutter. Roll both sides in the butter, and then place back on cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with your favorite toppings such as: garlic salt, parmesan, parsley flakes, italian seasonings, seasoning salts.
- Let rise for 15-20 minutes more on the pan and then bake at 350 deg for about 20 minutes. Until the edges are just starting to turn a beautiful golden brown.