Tender rolls glazed with sweet and sticky butterscotch caramel. This Easy Monkey Bread Recipe is made the night before and baked in the morning for an easy special breakfast. Made with only a few ingredients, this will be your new go-to for holidays.
Why This Recipe Works
The term "monkey bread" comes from the pastry being a finger food; the consumer would pick apart the bread as a monkey would. This recipe uses frozen rolls, and is topped with a mixture of butterscotch pudding mix, cinnamon, brown sugar, and butter to create a caramel glaze. You prepare this the night before for a delicious treat in the morning.
A Few Notes On The Ingredients
- 16 frozen rolls (I prefer the Rhodes brand)
- ⅓ cup salted butter - I prefer salted butter, it has more depth of flavor.
- 1.75oz butterscotch pudding mix (half of the box) - make sure you get the cook and serve and not the instant.
Pro Tip: Use the cook and serve variety NOT THE INSTANT.
How Do You Make Monkey Bread From Scratch?
1. In a medium sized bowl, melt your butter.
2. Add in your brown sugar.
3. Mix thoroughly until well combined and smooth. Set aside.
4. In a small bowl, add pudding mix (half of the box).
5. Sprinkle in cinnamon and mix powders together.
6. Spray your bundt pan non stick spray, covering it completely. Add your frozen rolls to the pan.
7. Sprinkle the pudding/cinnamon mix over the top of the rolls.
8. Pour butter/brown sugar mixture on top of this.
9. Cover with foil and let sit on your counter overnight. In the morning the rolls will have risen,
10. Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes until golden.
11. Invert onto a plate.
12. Serve warm.
Monkey Bread FAQ
Nope - you can make it in a loaf pan, a 9x13, or even individual ramekins. I like to make it in a bundt because its beautiful.
You'll know your monkey bread is done when it's puffy and crisp on the top, and when a skewer inserted in the thickest part comes out clean.
No, you do not. Store it at room temp in an air tight container. The bread will last about 2-3 days.
about 5 minutes. Or you can microwave individual servings in 30-second intervals until heated through.
You can use any brand of frozen rolls. I prefer the Rhode's because I feel they rise best, but I have used other brands and they all work great.
What Do I Serve Easy Monkey Bread Recipe With?
I love to serve this recipe with one of the following:
LET’S BE BFFS
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to! And don’t forget to pin this recipe to save for later.
Butterscotch Pull Aparts
- 16 frozen rolls I prefer the Rhodes brand
- ⅓ cup butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1.75 ounces butterscotch pudding mix (cook and serve kind) half of the box
- pinch of cinnamon
- In a medium sized bowl, melt your butter.
- Add in your brown sugar.
- Mix thoroughly until well combined and smooth. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, add pudding mix (half of the box).
- Sprinkle in cinnamon and mix powders together.
- Spray your bundt pan non stick spray, covering it completely. Add your frozen rolls to the pan.
- Sprinkle the pudding/cinnamon mix over the top of the rolls.
- Pour butter/brown sugar mixture on top of this.
- Cover with foil and let sit on your counter overnight. In the morning the rolls will have risen,
- Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes until golden.
- Invert onto a plate.
- Serve warm.