How Are These Eggs Better?
So – I asked my husband what was different about MY eggs vs other people’s eggs. He said that they were simple and most importantly they were the perfect consistency. Not runny, crusty, or dry. Today I am sharing how I make my eggs.
The Best Scrambled Eggs Recipe is In The Technique
When I was a teenager I loved scrambled egg sandwiches. They were fast and easy to whip up. I remember watching a cooking show – which one, I don’t remember…but on that cooking show they said that the secret to perfect scrambled eggs was that rather than stirring your eggs around in the pan, you should use a spatula and scrape the bottom from the outside inward. Not thinking anything of it I started making my eggs this way and haven’t looked back. I really believe that it is more about this method than about the spices or ingredients you put in your eggs.
To Make The Best Scrambled Eggs You Need:
- Garlic Salt
Cook Eggs Low and Slow
Eggs are a protein, so they should be cooked low and slow, just like a roast. So resist that urge to crank up the heat. Eggs cooked hot make crusty and dry eggs.
Details for The Best Scrambled Eggs Recipe:
The best scrambled eggs recipe - simple and delicious. Makes buttery, pillowy eggs.
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk I usually just eye-ball it
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic salt
Crack eggs into a blender.
Add remaining ingredients and pulse until smooth
I always use a non-stick skillet, but spray it with nonstick spray for good measure.
- Heat your pan over medium heat and NOT ANY HOTTER! A hot pan makes for crusty dry eggs.
- Pour your egg mixture into the pan. Now comes the important part.
- Watch your eggs carefully. Using a plastic spatula pull the eggs from the outside of the pan inward, scraping the bottom.
- Once the eggs are mostly cooked you want to use a scoop and flip motion rather than a stirring motion. This will keep the eggs from being crumbly.
I always turn off the heat just when I think they need 1 more minute. I find that if I cook them for that 1 more minute that they turn out dry. The eggs will continue to cook a bit after the heat is turned off.
- Serve immediately.