Hearty potatoes, creamy cheese, salty ham, and smooth eggs are the perfect combination in this Farmer's Ham & Egg Breakfast Casserole. Make this ahead and have a delicious and gourmet breakfast in the morning.
What Is A Farmer's Casserole?
What DO I Need TO Make this Ham & Egg Breakfast Casserole?
- frozen hashbrowns
- shredded cheese (cheddar, pepper jack, or monetary jack work great)
- diced ham
- green onions
How Do I Make Farmers Casserole?
- Start by spraying a 2 qt baking dish with non-stick spray. Layer frozen hash browns in the bottom.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Evenly add diced ham.
- Sprinkle with diced green onions.
- Combine milk, eggs, and seasonings in a medium bowl.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Pour over hash brown mixture.
- Bake until golden.
Farmer's Casserole Q&A
Farmer’s Ham and Egg Breakfast Casserole
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- ¾ cup pepper jack cheese shredded
- 1 cup deli honey ham diced
- ¼ cup green onions diced
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1 ½ cups milk
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Coat a 2-quart baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. An 8x8 or a cast iron skillet work great.
- arrange potates evenly in the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle with Cheese, ham and green onions.
- In a bowl combine eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Pour egg mixture over potato mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350 oven for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Prepare as above, cover;chill up to 24 hours bake uncovered for 50-55 minutes.