Hearty potatoes, creamy cheese, salty ham, and smooth eggs are the perfect combination in this Farmer's Ham & Egg Breakfast Casserole. Make this ahead and have a delicious and gourmet breakfast in the morning.
What Is A Farmer's Casserole?
What DO I Need TO Make this Ham & Egg Breakfast Casserole?
- frozen hashbrowns
- shredded cheese (cheddar, pepper jack, or monetary jack work great)
- diced ham
- green onions
How Do I Make Farmers Casserole?
- Start by spraying a 2 qt baking dish with non-stick spray. Layer frozen hash browns in the bottom.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Evenly add diced ham.
- Sprinkle with diced green onions.
- Combine milk, eggs, and seasonings in a medium bowl.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Pour over hash brown mixture.
- Bake until golden.
Farmer's Casserole Q&A
Looking to serve at a brunch? Try adding these delicious Mini Quiches to your table.
Don't Be Shy!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to!
Farmer’s Ham and Egg Breakfast Casserole
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- ¾ cup pepper jack cheese shredded
- 1 cup deli honey ham diced
- ¼ cup green onions diced
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1 ½ cups milk
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Coat a 2-quart baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. An 8x8 or a cast iron skillet work great.
- arrange potates evenly in the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle with Cheese, ham and green onions.
- In a bowl combine eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Pour egg mixture over potato mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350 oven for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Prepare as above, cover;chill up to 24 hours bake uncovered for 50-55 minutes.