Juicy, tender fire grilled steak kabobs with a melty blue cheese herb butter is a meal that will make ANYONE’S mouth water. Especially mine! If you are a huge kabob fan like me you need to also check out this post with the Cilantro Lime Butter with chicken kabobs.
KABOBS ARE FAMILY FRIENDLY!
Kabobs are really family friendly for several reasons
- The meat is already pre-cut! It cooks faster for those little impatient tummies.
- My kids can help!! They are able to pull up a chair and skewer all of the kabobs. I love that. I want to involve them in making a meal.
HOW TO MAKE STEAK KABOBS
I grabbed beautiful about 2 lb steak from my favorite grocery store. You can really use several different kinds of steak for kabobs. Get one that is reasonably sized and priced for your family. I look for a cut of meat with little fat and nice marbling throughout.
Cut the steak into 1 inch cubes and slide them on skewers. Season them generously with sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
PRO TIP: I love to use metal skewers, but if you want to use bamboo skewers just make sure to soak them before to help to keep them burning.
CAN I ADD VEGGIES TO THE SKEWERS?
YES! You can add all kinds of veggies to the skewer, or just add purple onion like I did. Fire up the grill and when the steak is cooked to your preference and still smoking hot drop some of the blue cheese herb butter on it and watch the magic happen.
HOW TO MAKE HERB BUTTER FOR STEAK
For the butter you’ll need some fresh herbs and room temp butter + blue cheese and garlic.
Make your butter first by combining all ingredients and roll with plastic wrap into a nice log. Place back into refrigerator to chill until hard.
WHAT I CAN SUBSTITUTE BLUE CHEESE FOR?
If you’re not a blue cheese fan, you can of course leave it out and keep it to an herb butter. Or add a feta cheese, goat cheese or parmesan cheese. It will bel packed with flavor!
You should also accompany this meal with
If you want to go all crazy make 2 butters for everyone to try! Click here for the Cilantro Lime Butter.
The most delicious juicy steak kabobs served with creamy blue cheese herb butter.
- Steak of your choosing
- salt and pepper
- purple onion
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/3 cup blue cheese
- 2 tsp parsley chopped
- 1 tsp thyme chopped
- 1 tsp rosemary chopped
- With room temperature butter mix all herbs, garlic and blue cheese together. (make sure all herbs and garlic are finely chopped)
- Roll into a log with plastic wrap and place back intro refrigerator until it is chilled until stiff.
- Cut steak into cubes. Thread onto skewers alternating onion and steak. Ending with an onion.
- Generously sprinkle salt and pepper on all sides of skewers.
- pre-heat grill to high heat. When heated place skewers on. rotating every few minutes, depending on your desired doneness. If you like them well-done cook each side a little longer.
- Place butter on meat immediately after pulling off to ensure it melts and flavors infiltrate into meats and veggies.