Are you ready for the best cake of your life? I mean legit the BEST. Moist, spongy fluffy inside with the perfect density with a little hint of creamy coconut flavor. This coconut pound cake is going to your new go-to favorite cake!
WHAT IS POUND CAKE ?
Pound cake vs Regular cake is richer and denser than regular cake. Originally it was made with a pound of it's main ingredients.
INGREDIENTS FOR POUND CAKE
For this coconut pound cake you will need:
- coconut extract
- baking soda
- sour cream
- coconut flakes (optional)
HOW DO I MAKE COCONUT POUND CAKE
- start by beating your sugar and butter together
- while beating on medium speed add in your sour cream.
- sift your baking powder and flour together
- alternate adding eggs and flour mixture into the sour cream batter.
SOUR CREAM POUND CAKE BATTER WITH COCONUT
- after you have alternated the eggs and flour into the the batter and its mixed add your coconut extract and vailla
- If you want to add coconut flakes fold them in with a spatula.
TIPS FOR THE PERFECT BUNDT CAKE
- I have honestly had the best luck with removing a bundt cake from a pan with buying non-stick bundt pans. I still will spray a nonstick spray or butter/flour the inside.
- Fill the bundt pan only ¾ full. If you have leftover batter you can put it in a loaf pan!
- To help make sure there are no air bubbles and help it rise evenly spoon the batter in and after its settled pat the bottom of the pan on the counter a few times to encourage the bubbles to rise to the top.
BAKE YOUR COCONUT SOUR CREAM POUND CAKE
Place your bundt pan into the oven for about 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes. The top will be golden brown.
HOW TO REMOVE BUNDT CAKE
- Remove from the oven, and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edges.
- let cool completely
HOW TO MAKE COCONUT GLAZE
Mix powder sugar, vanilla, coconut and milk until smooth.
Slowly drizzle the glaze all over that beautiful cake!
And just keep going util its covered.
DO I HAVE TO MAKE THIS INTO A BUNDT CAKE? OR CAN I USE ANOTHER PAN?
You can use a couple of loaf pans, or even a 9x13 to bake this coconut pound cake. Just keep an eye on the cooking time. My loaf pan still took about an hour to bake. A 9x13 would probably take a little less.
HOW DO I STORE COCONUT POUND CAKE?
Store leftovers in an air tight container. You don't need to refrigerate it, but can to help it keep longer. It can sit on the counter for a couple of days, in the fridge for 1-2 weeks.
I DONT LIKE COCONUT CAN I LEAVE THAT OUT?
YES! The base of this recipe is the most delicious sour cream pound cake Just leave out the coconut extract and coconut flakes. No need to substitute anything.
NEED OTHER CAKE RECIPES?
DON’T BE SHY!
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t be shy! Let us know! Rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to!
Coconut Pound Cake
- 1 c butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ Tablespoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- ½ c coconut flakes
- 2 cups powder sugar
- 2 tablespoon milk
- ½ tsp coconut extract
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar together; add sour cream.
- Sift flour, salt, and baking soda together. Add to creamed mixture, alternately with eggs, one at a time, beating after each.
- Add vanilla, coconut extract, then fold in coconut flakes.
- Pour into a greased and floured bundt pan, filling ¾ full, and bake for 1 hour 20 minutes
- Let cool in pan 15 minutes. Run a butter knife gently along the outer rim of the cake to ensure it has separated from the pan, then flip over onto cooling rack. Let cool completely.
- In bowl add powder sugar, coconut extract, vanilla and milk. Beat until smooth.
This is the best coconut cake I’ve ever had. My husband and son LOVED it! Thank you!!
My husband loves this cake! Thank you!
ok, I can't get enough of this cake! my kids love it too. I dont put the coconut flakes in becuase they dont like that texture, but there is plenty of coconut flavor with the extract and the glaze.
Cant believe the texture of this cake. Incredible. Made it for sunday dinner and it was gone way too fast. I should have made two!
legit the best pound cake I've ever had! The coconut puts it over the top!