It's strawberry season!! Delicious, juicy red summer strawberry pie is in order. This fresh strawberry pie is no ordinary strawberry pie recipe- we take it up a notch by adding an incredible sweet cream cheese layer. Crunchy warm graham cracker crust, toped with creaminess and sweet strawberries.
WHEN IS STRAWBERRY SEASON?
You can make this pie all year round becuase strawberries are available all year round now. HOWEVER the best time to get the sweetest, juiciest strawberries (at the best price too) is in the late spring, summer. Berries are in full on harvest!
CAN I SUBSTITUTE OTHER FRUIT FOR THIS PIE? OR MIX THE FRUIT?
YES! Peaches are a wonderful substitute. Or make this a triple berry pie. Simple keep the fruit proportions the same, and use a jello flavor that is the same. So for peach pie use peach jello.
HOW TO MAKE SUMMER FRESH STRAWBERRY PIE
Let's start with the base. The graham cracker crust!
CAN I USE STORE BOUGHT GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST?
OFFFFF COURSE. If it makes your life significantly easier do it. aways. However, making your own crust is pretty dang easy. Let me show you how.
- Take 2 packets of crackers and in your food processor or blender pulse until crumbs. (You can also smash in a bag.)
- Add in sugar
- Add melted butter
- Pulse again until all ingredients are combined and wet.
Into your pie pan firmly press the crust down and around edges. Bake at 375 for about 7 minutes! Thats it! Let it cool before adding other ingredients.
MAKING THE CREAM CHEESE LAYER
You next layer is the sweet, creamy, delicious cream cheese. In a small bowl add cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Beat with electric mixer until nice and fluffy.
Spread it into the graham cracker crust once it has cooled. A nice even layer.
HOW TO MAKE THE STRAWBERRY PIE FILLING
What you need:
- all the ripe delicious strawberries
- jello- strawberry
- corn starch
In a small sauce pan add all ingredients and bring to a boil for 1 minute. Let the jello mixture sit until it comes to room temp.
Wash and cut your strawberries. I like to cut them into bite size pieces, for ease of eating and serving the pie. Pile the strawberries nice and high!
Pour the Jello mixture over the strawberries until it fills the pie crust.
HOW MANY PIES DOES THIS MAKE?
The jello filling makes about two 8 inch pies. If you are only making one 9 inch pie, there will be excess filling. Because there is excess filling this is why you add it very last. Don't mix it in with your strawberries and dump into pie, it will overflow.
REFRIGERATE FRESH STRAWBERRY PIE
Place pie to chill for about 3+ hours. When you are not eating the pie, place back into refrigerator. Because of the cream and jello it needs to stay chilled.
Summer Strawberry Pie
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 ½ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tbsp melted butter
- ¼ cup sugar
Cream Cheese Layer
- 8 oz Cream Cheese at room temperature
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla
- ¼ cup sugar
Strawberry Jello Layer
- 1 ¾ cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup corn starch
- pinch salt
- 1 3oz pkg Strawberry Jell-O (Substitute with peach Jell-O when using peaches)
- 3 cup sliced fresh strawberries (for two 8 inch pies double this)
- Whipped Cream for topping
Graham Cracker Crust
- Mix your graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar together until all ingredietns are incorporated and wet. Press into 9 inch pie pie pan and bake at 375 for 6-7 minutes. Allow to cool.
- In a saucepan combine water, sugar, cornstarch, and salt.
- On medium-high, cook until thick and clear.
- Add Jell-O packet and stir well.
- Take off heat and let cool.
Cream Cheese Layer Instruction
- Whip cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a stand up mixer until creamy and smooth.
How to assemble the pie.
- Spread cream cheese into pie crust.
- Pile sliced strawberries on to cream cheese layer.
- Pile them as high as you can.
- Pour cooled jello mixture over strawberries, until it reaches just below the top edge of the crust.
- Refrigerate 4-6 hours to set. Top with Cool Whip to serve! Enjoy!!
HOW MANY PIES DOES THIS MAKE?The jello filling makes about two 8 inch pies. If you are only making one 9 inch pie, there will be excess filling. Because there is excess filling this is why you add it very last. Don't mix it in with your strawberries and dump into pie, it will overflow.
REFRIGERATE STRAWBERRY PIEPlace pie to chill for about 3+ hours. When you are not eating the pie, place back into refrigerator. Because of the cream and jello it needs to stay chilled.