I just don’t! I do love fruit, but if you’re going to splurge on dessert, make it count with chocolate, caramel, and/or peanut butter. But my Grandma Moon makes one the only pies I look forward to. Cherry pie.here for a completely homemade cherry pie.
Rose Pie Crust
This pie crust design was inspired by The Kitchen McCabe. I used her tutorial for these rosettes, and friends, they are surprisingly easy! Cut out three circles, layer them as pictured, roll up, snip the roll in half, then pinch the bottoms of the roses and flare out the petals. I used two pie crust rounds for this topping, including the braids. If you don’t want the rosettes to be very deep, you can snip off most of the bottoms.Cherry Cheesecake Bites. Cutest party dessert ever.
Cutest party dessert ever.
- 2 pie crusts
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 c cherry juice from can or jar of cherries
- 1/2 c sugar
- 3 T flour
- 1/8 t salt
- 2 T butter
- 2 c pitted cherries
- 2 pie crusts
- 1 c heavy whipping cream
- 2 T granulated sugar
- 1/2 t almond extract
- Preheat oven to 450.
- In saucepan, heat cherry juice and sugar until simmering.
- Whisk in flour dusted from a mesh strainer quickly until all dissolved and mixture has thickened.
- Remove from heat and mix in salt and butter.
- Lay first pie crust out in pie plate. Place cherries on pie crust, pour cherry juice mixture over cherries. Top with pie crust topping of choice.
- Bake pie at 450' for 10 minutes.
- Turn temperature down to 350' and bake for 30 more minutes. As soon as the crust turns a golden color, place strips of foil or pie shield over edges to prevent browning too much before pie has baked. Remove from oven and let cool at least 5 hours.
- Make whipping cream right before serving by beating cream with sugar and almond extract until stiff peaks form.
This recipe is for a standard pie plate. If you have a deep dish pie plate (pictured), 1 1/2 the recipe filling.
Let cool at least 5 hours before serving to set. Perfect to make the night before serving.