THESE COOKIES! These cookies are everything. Sweet, chocolate, crunch- I mean everything. They are coconutty, and chewy and all things amazing. Hands down one of my favorite cookies. You’ll never be able to stop eating these coconut chocolate chip cookies.
Ingredients you need for Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- All your standard baking ingredients (flour, sugar, butter, eggs, baking soda etc)
- Chocolate chips! I’m totally a milk chocolate person, if you love semi-sweet or dark go for those.
- Shredded coconut
- Coconut Extract
- aaaand Macadamia nuts (optional)
How to make the best coconut chocolate chip cookies
Here’s a little PRO TIP to really enhance the flavor of your cookies. Coursely chop your macadamia nuts and lightly toast your nuts and coconut together. Let cool while you start combining your other ingredients.
In your mixer cream your sugars and butter.
Then add in your eggs.
After you’ve mixed all your other ingredients (flour, vanilla.. secret ingredient.. COCONUT EXTRACT).
Once you add in your chocolate chips, coconut and macadamia nuts slowly mix together. Roll into balls or use an extra large cookie scooper onto a cookie sheet.
Have you tried these parchment paper sheets. They are my very favorite! Pre-cut perfectly to fit into a sheet cake pan. I use them for just about every.
Bake until the cookies are just a light brown. For a crispier cookie let it cook until it is a golden brown. Remove cookies over to a cooling rack to keep them from cooking.
Now, enjoy them nice and warm with a tall glass of milk!!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS?
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to! And don’t forget to pin this recipe to save for later.
The ultimate coconut chocolate chip cookie!
- 2 Cups butter at room temp
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 2 Cups Brown Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 T Vanilla
- 2 tsp coconut extract
- 5 Cups Flour
- 4 Cups Chocolate Chips
- 2 Cups Shredded Coconut toasted
- 1/2 Cup Macadamia nuts coarsely chopped and toasted
- Cream Butter and Sugars.
- Add in eggs and mix.
- Then add in baking soda, salt, vanilla, and coconut extract.
- Continue mixing while adding in flour slowly, about a cup at a time.
- When combined fold in chocolate chips, coconut and macadamia nuts.
- When combined roll in to small balls and bake on non-stick or greased baking sheet at 350 degrees for 9-10mins. or slightly golden.
Lightly toast your coconut and nuts before hand to enhance flavor!