Tart and sweet simple syrup poured over shaved ice – this Limoncello Lemon Slushie is the ultimate summer refresher.
What Is A Limoncello Lemon Slushie?
Limoncello cocktails are a lemon syrup with lemon peel + alcohol. These cocktails are served very very cold-like. Limoncello Lemon slushie is a twist on the original, but sans the alcohol.
What Do I Need To Add To My Grocery List For Limoncello Lemon Slushie?
For this recipe you’ll need:
How Do You Make Limoncello Lemon Slushies?
- Make your limoncello syrup. It’s so simple! Combine lemon juice, water, sugar, and lemon zest in a medium saucepan.
- Heat over medium-high just until the sugar dissolves. This is my favorite ZESTER for the job.
- Let the syrup come to room temp and then it needs to chill. It’s’ great to make this a day ahead to let the lemon peel flavors and oils soak into the syrup.
- After the syrup has chilled completely chilled you need to make your slushie ice! You can use your high powered blender (my blendtec works amazing!) or a snow cone machine. Add ice to blender jar.
- Blend until it is the consistency of snow.
- Pile snow ice in each cup,and pour the lemoncello syrup over. Garnish with Lemons, and serve!
DO YOU HAVE A BLENDER RECOMMENDATION?
We are die hard Blendtec fans around here. I’ve been using the brand for years and years and I’ll never own another blender. Many years ago my husband offered to buy me a designer bag for my birthday, or a Blendtec. I chose the Blendtec blender and I’ve never looked back. It is truly something in my kitchen that I used every day. A high powered blender is unmatched to other blenders. You can blend and emulsify like a pro.
I LOVE SLUSHY DRINKS! DO YOU HAVE MORE RECIPES?
This drink is such a crowd pleaser. The whole family loves it! After you try this one, check out our:
Do You Have Other Lemonade Inspire Recipes?
We love lemonades around here! Check out our:
LEAVE US A COMMENT!
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to! And don’t forget to pin this recipe to save for later.
Tart and sweet simple syrup poured over shaved ice - this Limoncello Lemon Slushie is the ultimate summer refresher.
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups water
- 1.5 cups fresh squeezed lemon juice about 6-7 large lemons
- snow cone Ice
- zest of 2 lemons
In a pan combine 1 cup water, 1.5 cups lemon juice and 1 cup sugar. Bring to a boil and stir till sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat, and transfer to pitcher. Add remaining water, and allow sugar syrup to cool to room temperature.
Using a lemon peel zester, zest two lemons and put into syrup.
Allow to marinate for a few hours up to days in refrigerator.
- Fill your blendtec canister with ice, crush using ice crush setting so ice turns to a fluffy snow like consistency.
- Fill cups with "snow"
Pour over ice the limoncello syrup