This apple slush drink will be your family's new favorite. Cool off in the summer heat with this less sugary, cool, sweet fresh and icy drink. It's simple and super fast to make.
WHAT IS AN APPLE SLUSH?
This is a copycat of healthy version of Disneyland's Apple Freeze. Disney's apple freeze is an apple juice slush with a tropical whipped topping. If you dont have the ingredients, or dont prefer the topping feel free to leave it off!
HOW CAN I MAKE THIS APPLE SLUSH?
There are two ways to make this slush. I've tested out both and they work great!
BLENDER METHOD: Use your blender, frozen apple juice concentrate and ice.
ICE CREAM MAKER: Use chilled apple juice or apple cider and your ice cream maker.
I have used Kitchenaid Ice Cream Maker to make the slushee. The KitchenAid ice cream maker attachment is not expensive and I use it all the time. For instance with this recipe or this recipe. It's worth every penny. It helps if you keep it in your freezer then you can pull it out anytime for a variety of juice slushees, drinks or ice cream.
HOW TO MAKE APPLE SLUSH
In a blender add 4 cups ice, 1 can apple juice concentrate, and 2 cups water.
Blend until smooth.
HOW TO MAKE THE TROPICAL WHIPPED TOPPING
For the whipped topping you need COLD coconut cream, mango and guava juice.
Step 1: Open your cold coconut cream and scoop up the cream from the top. Discard the liquid on the bottom.
Step 2: add a couple of tbs of the mango and guava juice
Step 3: blend until smooth and creamy
TOP THE APPLE SLUSH WITH CREAMY TOPPING
MAKE IT A CARAMEL APPLE SLUSH
For and extra gourmet special treat add a drizzle of caramel syrup!
HOW DO I SAVE LEFTOVERS?
If you have some leftover store it in an airtight container in the freezer. Take it out of the freezer 15-30 minutes before serving to let it thaw. Depending on how much is frozen will depend on the defrosting time.
If you have leftovers that are already combined with the apple freeze, just stir to combine and freeze.
CAN I MAKE THIS AHEAD OF TIME?
YES! While its best fresh from the blender- you can do the same as the instructions above. Make the slush, freeze and allow to defrost before serving. Prepare the tropical whipped topping before serving, do not combine until serving.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS?
If you tried this drink or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to! And don’t forget to pin this recipe to save for later.
APPLE SLUSH USING BLENDER
- 12 ounces frozen container apple juice concentrate
- 5 cups ice
- 2+ cups cold water you may have to add more depending on your blender.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
APPLE SLUSH USING ICE CREAM MAKER
- KitchenAid ice cream maker attachment pre-frozen
- COLD apple juice
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
TROPICAL COCONUT WHIPPED TOPPING
- 1 can cold coconut cream
- 2-4 TBS Kern's Nectar Guava Juice
- 2-4 TBS Kern's Nectar Mango Juice
- 2-4 TBS Pineapple Juice
Instructions for blender
- In Blender add ice, concentrate, water and vanilla. Blend until icee. Start with 2 cups of water, if your blender will not blend slowly add another cup. Be cautious not to add to much water.
Instructions for ice cream maker
- Attach your KitchenAid attachment that has already been frozen for the appropriate time.
- Turn on ice cream maker to a 2, pour VERY cold apple juice and vanilla extract slowing into ice cream maker and let church until apple juice is thick slushee consistency.
Tropical coconut whipped topping
- Open can of coconut cream, scoop out top layer of cream into a bowl. Discard clear liquid at bottom of can. Add 2 TBS of each juice into coconut cream and beat until creamy. Add more juice till reaches your desired consistency. If you like a more liquid sweet cream add more juice. If you like a thicker cream add less.
Erin V says
was SO happy to read about what to do without the kitchenaid attachment- looks so good and I thought I might not be able to try!
Do you know where it is sold in disneyland? I can't wait to try this at home.
Desarae Fowler says
yeah! its sold at cars land, and its also sold somewhere in disneyland- a wicked wizards brew or something :) I hear they are both the same, but for sure this version is at cars land at california adventure.