Calming lavender, tart lemons, sweet simple syrup, and bubbly sparkling water come together is this divine sparkling lavender lemonade. A perfect, spa-like addition to your summer.
What Do I Need To Make Sparkling Lavender Lemonade?
- fresh lemons
- sparkling water
- lavender extract
- violet food coloring (optional)
Pro Tip: Use Food Grade Extract - For this recipe I used lavender essential oil, but fresh lavender flowers and dry lavender will work just the same. If using dry lavender make sure it is culinary lavender. I'll give you the run down in the recipe below. If you do opt to use essential oil - please make sure that it is food grade. Not all essential oils are created equally.
How Do I Make Sparkling Lavender Lemonade?
- Juice your lemons.
- Combine equal parts sugar and water in a saucepan. Heat until sugar is dissolved, cool.
- Pour cooled simple syrup in a pitcher.
- Add lemon juice.
- Add a few drops of lavender extract to the pitcher.
- If using food coloring, add it to the pitcher as well.
- Pour is sparkling water.
- Server over ice.
The Benefits of Lavender
I think every mom out there needs a little R&R, and this lemonade is just that. Lavender is kind of the swiss army knife of home remedies. It aids in:
- the common cold
- skin irritations
And that is only naming a few. So why not add a little lavender to your lemonade.
A Crowd Pleaser
This lavender lemonade recipe is perfect for:
- a summer afternoon
- a brunch
- backyard bbq
Not only is it beautiful, but is is so unique and delicious! If you love this, then check out our other lemonade recipe:
- Strawberry lemonade
- Lavender Lemonade
- Raspberry Limeade
- Peach Lemonade
- Strawberry Basil Lemonade
- Watermelon Lemonade
Don't Be Shy!
If you tried this Sparkling Lavender Lemonade or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to!
Sparkling Lavender Lemonade
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 drops lavender extract or 1 tablespoon dried lavender or 10 springs fresh lavender
- 1 cup lemon juice about 6 lemons juiced
- 3 cups cold sparkling water
- 1 drop purple food coloring optional
- Create a simple syrup by combining 1 cup water and sugar in a small saucepan. If using fresh or dried lavender add that to your saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Let cool to room temperature.
- using a fine mesh strainer, strain lavender from the simple syrup.
- Combine lemon juice, simple syrup, and water in a 1 quart pitcher. If using extract, add 2 drops of lavender oil.
- Add food coloring if desired.
- Serve with ice and lemon slices.