Lemonade is the perfect summer refreshment, right? We have some pretty killer lemonade recipes here on the blog. Be sure to check out our classic lemonade and our strawberry lemonade. Divine. But today I want to talk to you about my newest creation. Sparkling Lavender lemonade.
The Benefits of Lavender
I think every mom out there needs a little R&R, and this lemonade is just that. Lavender is kind of the swiss army knife of home remedies. It aids in:
- the common cold
- skin irritations
And that is only naming a few. So why not add a little lavender to your lemonade.
Use Food Grade Essential Oil
For this recipe I used lavender essential oil, but fresh and dry lavender will work just the same. I’ll give you the run down in the recipe below. If you do opt to use essential oil – please make sure that it is food grade. Not all essential oils are created equally.
How I Make My Bubbles
For the sparkling part of this recipe I used my Kitchenaid Sparkling Beverage Maker powered by SodaStream. I seriously LOVE this machine. I use it all the time. For some more ideas check out my Coconut Lime Spritzer Recipe.
I carbonated some plain old tap water and added it to my simple syrup, lemon juice, and lavender.
It doesn’t get much more refreshing than this.
- fresh squeezed lemons
- crisp sparkling water
- that beautiful floral note from the lavender
A Crowd Pleaser
This lavender lemonade recipe is perfect for:
- a summer afternoon
- a brunch
- backyard bbq
Not only is it beautiful, but is is so unique and delicious!
Don’t Be Shy!
If you tried this Sparkling Lavender Lemonade or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to!
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 drops lavender essential oil or 1 tbsp dried lavender or 10 springs fresh lavender
- 1 cup lemon juice about 6 lemons juiced
- 3 cups cold sparkling water
- 1 drop purple food coloring optional
- Create a simple syrup by combining 1 cup water and sugar in a small saucepan. If using fresh or dried lavender add that to your saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Let cool to room temperature.
- using a fine mesh strainer, strain lavender from the simple syrup.
- Combine lemon juice, simple syrup, and water in a 1 quart pitcher. If using essential oil, add 2 drops of lavender oil.
- Add food coloring if desired.
- Serve with ice and lemon slices.