Lemonade Secret Ingredients
- Of course, FRESH SQUEEZED LEMON JUICE is the first most important secret ingredient.
PRO TIP: When I go to an orchard or buy fresh lemons on sale when in season I’ll use my juicer and juice them all. I’ll portion them out into jars. Freeze the jars, and when I want fresh lemonade I pull out the jar of lemonade let it defrost. I add the lemon juice and all the ingredients to the pitcher and mix. It’s that easy and can be used all year round!
2. Citric Acid. The secret ingredient to this lemonade recipe is citrus acid. Citric acid in the food world is known as “sour salt.” As we know, adding salt to any dish, even desserts and sweet foods enhances flavor. It many other recipes it also acts as a preservative. *citric acid is tricky to find. Look in whole foods stores, Co-ops or in the bulk section. I buy them online on amazon!
I love to add fresh fruit or/and fresh mint when making this drink in large batches for friends and family. I’ve included both measurements for large groups or when you’re making it for just your family. It’ll be a hit no matter the occasion!
Sweet, refreshing lemonade
- 6 quarts water
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 T citric acid
- 3 lemons sliced
- 4.5 cups fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/4 T lemon extract* *If you don't have fresh lemonade you can use lemon extract
- 1.5 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp citric acid
- 2 quarts cold water
Combine water, sugar, citric acid and lemon juice (or lemon extract) and stir for a few minutes till sugar is dissolved.
Add ice and water. serve chilled