Creamy Jalapeno Sauce is the boss!! Creamy, savory with a hint of lime dressing you will want to drench over EVERYTHING. It's MILD and completes every meal. Top it on tacos, burritos, salads, dip chips in it or make big tray of pulled pork nachos. I'll show you how!
WHAT IS CREAMY JALAPENO SAUCE?
Creamy jalapeno sauce is the perfect addition to all things mexican food. It's easy and throws together in minutes.
IS CREAMY JALAPENO SAUCE SPICY?
No, It's very mild! Make sure you cut out the rinds and seeds from the peppers. Then the jalapeños add flavor not heat. If you would like to add some additional heat you can remove only the stem and blend the entire jalapeno OR add a spicy pepper (like habanero) in addition to the jalapenos.
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO I NEED FOR JALAPEÑO SAUCE
You will need:
- ranch dip mix
- onion powder
- chipotle powder
WHAT DO I USE IF I CANNOT FIND MEXICAN CREMA?
You can sub crema with sour cream. If you want the sauce to be a little thinner add a tablespoon or two of milk.
If you cannot use sour cream, use plain greek yogurt.
HOW TO MAKE CREAMY JALAPEÑO SAUCE
- Starting with your liquids add them to your blender.
- Add you jalapeños and cilantro
- lastly add your seasonings.
BLEND your ingredients until it is nice and smooth. The sauce will slightly thicken as it sits for a few minutes.
HOW TO SERVE JALAPENO CREMA
One of my favorite quick and easy dinners is to serve over pulled pork nachos. Here are my to protips:
SHRED YOUR OWN CHEESE
PRE-SHREDDED cheese is very convenient but also coated in preservatives. It doesn't melt as gooey or easily. I highly recommend shredding some of your medium cheddar cheese.
WHAT KIND OF PULLED PORK DO I USE?
You can do what is easiest for you.
- Store bought carnitas! I grab these from costco or groceries stores. They are quick to fry up.
- Pressure Cooker carnitas- instead of slow roasting like traditional carnitas make them in half the time in the instant pot.
- Smoked Pulled Pork. Of course this is amazing and super flavorful! But it does require prep work.
HOW TO ASSEMBLE PULLED PORK NACHOS
LAYER, IN THIS ORDER:
- PULLED PORK (if your pulled pork is very hot you can add it after you have melted the cheese so it doesn't risk drying out)
- BROIL FOR A FEW MINUTES UNTIL CHEESE IT MELTED
- ADD HOT BEANS (refried, black or pinto)
- and DRENCH IN PICO DE GALLO
CONTINUE TO ADD YOUR FAVORITE TOPPINGS
WHAT ARE OTHER GREAT TOPPINGS FOR NACHOS
- don't just add cheddar cheese, use mozzzarella or cojita with cheddar, or even a nacho cheese sauce
- homemade salsa like salsa fresca or pico de gallo
- lime juice
- pickled red onions
- sour cream
- fresh avocado
- a variety of beans
- olives (totally not mexican but americans still like this)
- fresh cilantro
WHEN DO I ADD THE CREAMY JALAPENO SAUCE?
Its best to wait to add the creamy jalapeno sauce until you are serving. The sauce will make the chips soften the quickest of all the ingredients, so wait until it is go time.
HOW DO I STORE CREAMY JALAPENO SAUCE?
Keep it in an air tight bottle in your fridge for one week.
IS THIS RECIPE GLUTEN-FREE?
yes, none of the ingredients from the jalapeno crema has gluten in it. And the majority of tortilla chips are corn! (gluten free) The rest of the toppings included in this post are gluten free- double check the ingredients of the toppings you choose.
CAN I SAVE NACHOS?
mmm, while you probably could slide leftovers into a ziploc bag or air tight container I don't recommend it. The chips will be pretty soft and soggy and reheating ingredients like guac and creamy sauces never go too well.
LETS BE FRIENDS!
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to
Creamy Jalapeno Sauce
Creamy Jalapeno Sauce
- 1 cup mayo
- ½ cup mexican crema find it in the by the cheese
- 2 juice of two limes
- 6 jalapeno remove rinds and seeds for no spice
- ½ cup cilantro
- 2 tablespoon powder ranch dip mix
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon chipotle powder
- In a blender add your liquids first, then add your veggies and herbs. Add your dry powders last to the blender. Blend until creamy.
- Sauce will slightly thicken as it stands
Emily Kemp says
Mmm nachos are my favourite comfort food, never tried them with pulled pork, sounds delicious!