I love that it is full of rich red cranberries (full of all their healthy vitamins) I love that it is full of fresh veggies and flavors. Pair it with creamy cheese and gourmet crackers.
The last time I made this cranberry salsa I added to a large cheese plate with several different crackers, cheese, winter meats, olives and fruit. It was a HUGE it. Not only because of its beauty but because who on earth doesn’t walk by a cheese platter and start salivating immediately?
How to make Cranberry Salsa
- Fresh Cranberries! 1 bag of fresh cranberries. If you cannot find fresh cranberries then using canned cranberries will work as a substitute. You will not need to add sugar, as the canned is already sweetened.
2. Add the limes, cilantro, green onions to the blender or food processor. Pulse until minced. Make sure it is chopped fine and the fibers of the greens are chopped.
Next add cranberries and sugar and pulse again until minced. (if desired you can also serve this cranberry salsa completely smooth)
Spread cream cheese over a platter or baking dish (an 8×8 or 9×13 would work too!)
After the cream cheese is spread evenly- top with the chopped cranberry salsa.
I love to eat it with gourmet crackers, but you can serve it with any cracker or chips! Tortilla chips, triscuits, wheat thins they all are really yummy with this cranberry salsa!
Make ahead instructions: This is an easy and great dish to make ahead, or if you need something that will be easy for transport this is your guy! Make your cranberry salsa before and seal it in an air tight dish. Save the cream cheese for right before serving. Spread on the platter and top with the salsa from the air tight dish. If you are serving/traveling within a 30-60 minute window it is fine to combine the cream cheese and salsa on platter/dish.
- 1 12 oz bag of fresh cranberries
- 3/4 C sugar
- *OR 1 can of whole cranberries in sauce found by your pie fillings in the baking isle
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 1 bunch green onions 4-5
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and chopped
- 2 limes juiced 2-3 tbsp
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pkg cream cheese
- Mix jalapeño, cilantro, green onions in a food processor or blender, add salt, and lime juice.
- Pulse until minced
- Add Cranberries and sugar. Pulse until minced also.
- Drain salsa of excess liquid in a fine mesh strainer.
- In a serving dish smooth cream cheese out & pour cranberry salsa over.
- Serve chilled with tortilla chips or crackers.
- *3/4 cup of sugar ONLY IF USING FRESH CRANBERRIES. If using the canned omit the sugar.