The perfect party punch. Sparkling juices with a nice slushy layer the crowds go nuts over! With its notes of cranberry juice it perfect for the holidays. This Christmas Punch Recipe for all occasions.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
This Christmas Punch Recipe is made with 100% juices frozen into a slush then combined with a fizzy drink creating the perfect gourmet party drink. If you love beautiful winter drinks you will also love this Winter Mock Sangria.
- It's GORGEOUS show stopping drink.
- Family friendly
- This recipe makes a lot! so it is great for big groups.
- If serving it to a smaller group you can divide up the slush into smaller portions.
- Make days ahead! So no stress on party day.
About The Ingredients To Make Cranberry Slush Punch?
This punch recipe is simple, only requiring a few ingredients. All of the ingredients are easily found at your local store.
- Cranberry juice- I like to use 100% cranberry juice instead of cocktail or mixed fruit. We will be adding other sweeteners so a nice tart cranberry juice is perfect.
- Orange Juice- Your favorite brand is perfect.
- 100% Pineapple Juice. I'm a fan of Dole Pineapple juice. They have great quality.
- Sugar- Sugar is important for creating the slush!
- 2-3 2 liters of lemon lime soda or ginger ale. Feel free to opt for a sugar free soda since the juices all have natural sugars.
How Do I Make This Christmas Punch Recipe?
You will want to plan to make this recipe 1 day before your party. You can make it a few days before too! This first step needs to freeze overnight, so plan accordingly.
- In a large, freezer-safe bowl add 1.5 Cups of sugar.
- Pour in cranberry juice.
- Pour in Dole pineapple juice
- Add orange juice.
- Stir to combine
- Freeze for 12-18 hours. Remove from freezer and let stand for 1 hour.
- Using a study fork, break apart into a granita consistency.
- Add to your punch bowl.
Combine Soda with Slush
I like to add about ⅓-1/2 of the slush mixture to my punch bowl with the 1 of the soda's. As the party is slowly drinking the punch refill as needed.
If Your punch bowl is large enough you can use the entire recipe at once.
Dress Up Your Holiday Drink
This slush is so beautiful for the holidays. Here are some ideas for dressing up your holiday drink.
- fresh cranberries
- slices oranges
- sliced grapefruit
- slices apples (slice wide, so the core star appears)
- fresh rosemart
- star anise
Because this drink is a slush drink dispensers do not work well. Punch bowls are perfect with a large ladle.
You can purchase large inexpensive punch bowls at party centers or super centers. I have a large glass bowl I use and it works great! I just need to refill it a little more often.
The juices and soda already have sugar why use more? The sugar is what allows the juices to turn into a slush rather than an ice cube.
Pro Party Tips:
Make this ahead. Once frozen I like to chop it up into the granita and place it in an air tight bag bag or container. Then its ready to be used anytime over the next 3 months! just keep frozen.
If you live in a place where you have cold weather place the soda outside instead of taking up precious fridge space
If traveling with the punch keep the soda separate from the slush. Mix at party.
Put the fruit juice granita in a plastic container or bag on ice in a cooler until you arrive at destination. You do NOT want that melting.
More Recipe You May Enjoy!
- 48 ounces pineapple juice
- 48 ounces cranberry juice
- 48 ounces orange juice
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- fresh raspberries for garnish
- rosemary sprigs for garnish
- fresh cranberries for garnish
- 2-3 2 liter lemon lime soda can use ginger ale or sugar free
- Mix 3 juices in a large bowl. Stir in sugar until dissolved.
- Poor into freezer safe container and freeze for 12-48 hours. Or overnight.
- Let stand on the counter one hour before serving.
- Using a sturdy fork or knife, chop mixture into large chunks.
- Place pieces in goblet or punch bowl, pour sprite over and garnish as desired.
Love this slush!!
Perfect to keep in the freezer to impress the friends when they pop round
This has been a must for Thanksgiving and Christmas in our home for the last 20 years. I've now pasted on its love to my in laws family too. Lemon lime soda is great, but our two favorites to sodas to enjoy it with are Ruby Red Squirt and Cranberry Sprite. Try it next time, it's fun to have a variety.
Erin V says
the prettiest christmas colors!
Janis parr says
IN the introduction under "What you will need to make christmas slush", #4 was 2-2 litres of lemon lime soda. This wasn't mentioned in the printable form of the RECIPE. Is the lemon lime soda an ingredient in the recipe?