What you need to make Christmas slush
- You’ll need a punch bowl and ladle. A drink dispenser won’t work for this because it is a thick slushy consistency.
- Juice. You will need 3 juices. I love to buy the 100% juice with no added sugars or anything because you will be adding more sugar.
- Sugar. why sugar? Well, I tried to make it with just the juice one time, no sugar and although it tasted really yummy with the sprite it did not turn into a slushie consistency. Adding the sugar changes the make up of this drink and is important for it to turn out just the way it is intended. In my own opinion, a sweet drink occasionally at a party is completely acceptable for me and my kids ;) so I don’t mind!
- 2- 2 liters of lemon lime soda :)
How to make Christmas slush
You need 3 cans of frozen juice. Pineapple, Orange, and Cranberry. Mix as directed in a large bowl with 1.5 Cups of sugar. Pour into freezer safe container and freeze for 24-48 hours.) Pull out of freezer and let stand for about 1 hour before serving.
Serve with Sprite over. I added some blueberries, a raspberry and mint leaf to a toothpick as a garnish. Beautiful, nice little touch the guest can munch on.
Sometimes I make this and keep container in the freezer and the kids can snack on it over weeks. They LOVE it. I also love this Lime Slushie.
- 1 frozen can of Pineapple Juice
- 1 frozen can of Cranberry Juice
- 1 frozen can of Orange Juice
- 1 1/2 Cups of Sugar
- Mint leaves
Mix juice cans as directed.
Mix 3 juices in a large bowl. Stir in sugar until dissolved.
Poor into freezes safe containers and freeze for 24-48 hours.
Take out of freezer an hour before serving.
Using a sturdy fork or knife, chop mixture into large chunks.
Place pieces in goblet, pour sprite over and garnish with berries and mint leaves.