Easy, creamy, and flavorful queso blanco white Mexican cheese dip. All this savory dip takes is a frying pan and a microwave. Whip up this tex-mix favorite in under 30 minutes for an appetizer everyone will love.
What Cheese Should I Use To Make Queso?
Queso is generally made from American cheese. The name Queso Blanco is used to describe the appearance of this dish, but the appetizer does not include queso blanco cheese, which is a soft crumbly Mexican cheese. So for this dish – use American! You can pick up White American Cheese by the pound at the deli counter.
What Do I Need To Make Queso Blanco?
The most important ingredient in queso blano is the queso! You will want to select white American cheese as your base. American cheese melts like a dream and is smooth and creamy. The other ingredients you’ll need are:
- bell pepper
- poblano pepper
- bunch of cilantro
- purple onion
- whole milk
- cayenne pepper
Pro Tip: Purchase White American Cheese at the deli counter of your grocery store.
How Do I Make Mexican Cheese Dip?
- Start by heating a few tablespoons of oil in a frying pan. Add peppers and onion and cook on each side until slightly charred and softened.
- Transfer peppers and onion to a high powered blender and pulse until peppers resemble a large mince.
- Place minced pepper mixture in a large bowl along with minced cilantro.
- Melt cheese and milk in the microwave for about 3 minutes – stirring every 30 seconds until smooth. Pour cheese over top of peppers and cilantro and stir until combined.
What Do I Serve Queso Blanco With?
Queso blanco goes great with:
Stay In Touch!
Please let me know if you make this queso blanco white Mexican cheese dip. I love to hear from those who make my recipes. If you want to keep up with our newest recipes, make sure you follow is on Facebook and Instagram, and make sure to subscribe to our newsletter.
Creamy and smooth white cheese with a kick of poblano, jalapeno, and bell peppers. Perfect for chips or veggies!
- 12 oz. white American cheese
- 3/4 c whole milk
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper stem and seeds removed
- 1/2 poblano pepper stem and seeds removed
- 1/2 jalapeno stem and seeds removed
- 1/4 purple onion
- 1/4 bunch cilantro minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
Preheat frying pan with 1 tbsp oil over medium heat. Grill bell pepper, poblano pepper, jalapeño pepper, and onion until softened
Place in a high power blender and pulse until peppers are a small dice.
Place diced veggies and minced cilantro into a medium sized bowl. Add salt, paprika, and cayenne.
Chop white American cheese and place into bowl. Pour milk in. Microwave until melted (about 3 minutes), stirring every 30 seconds.
Pour melted cheese over pepper mixture. Stir until well-combined. Serve in heated crock pot, or other warmer to keep warm.
White American Cheese can be purchased at the deli counter of your grocery store.