This warm, cheesy, melty dip is the ultimate party dip. Made in under 10 minutes - this 2 ingredient Chili Cheese Dip will become your go-to for game day, parties, or just because. You're absolutely going to love this dip recipe!
Why This Recipe Works
This chili dip recipe is so dang easy that you won't even believe it! This is sometimes called Hormel chili dip. You're going to love this recipe because:
- It only has two ingredients. Thats it. That alone makes this recipe an easy go-to for all gatherings or celebrations.
- This chili cheese dip is an absolute crowd pleaser. Everyone loves this dip!
- It is made in under 10 minutes, so you don't need to stress about prep time before a party.
About The Ingredients
Everything you need for this recipe can be purchase at your local grocery store.
A few things to note about the ingredients:
- Chili with no beans - there are a few sizes of chili, make sure you get the 15oz size. And also make sure that you get the no bean variety. While I have tried this recipe with beans, I really think the no bean variety tastes better.
- Velveeta Cheese - This is what makes the dip nice and cheesy. If you want to avoid American cheese, try substituting cream cheese.
- Dippers - you'll want to add tortilla chips, crusty bread, or veggies as dippers to go with this dip.
How To Make Chili Cheese Dip
- Add chili with no beans to a medium sized saucepan.
- Add in cubed velveeta cheese, or cubed cream cheese if you are using the cream cheese substitute.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring frequently until cheese is melted and smooth.
- Serve with tortilla chips or bread.
How To Serve
- Keep warm - after I have prepared this dip I like to keep in warm in a slow cooker, dip crock pot, or fondue pot.
- Serve with dippers - I like to serve this dip alongside tortilla chips, crusty bread, and fresh cut veggies.
- Create a spread - if you are serving this for a game day, party, or gathering and want to offer several dips, I recommend: Sausage dip, Black bean dip, Hot artichoke dip, and Jalapeno popper dip.
- Homemade Chili Cheese Dip - want to get fancy and make this recipe from scratch? You can use homemade chili. I recommend this easy recipe. Just omit the beans.
- Nix the Velveeta - if you don't like American cheese, you can substitute and equal amount of cream cheese.
- Amp up the cheese - add in 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese for an additional cheesy bite. I always recommend using sharp cheddar shredded cheese so you can taste the flavor once it is combined with other ingredients.
- Add a little heat! - add diced green chile or Rotel for a little kick.
Chili Cheese Dip FAQ
Serve in a mini crock pot or fondue pot set to low temp.
I like to serve with corn tortilla chips or crusty bread. I've also had it with cool ranch Doritos. Some other options are crackers or sliced veggies.
This dip will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 5 days. Reheat in the microwave.
- 15 oz can of chili with NO BEANS
- 1 lb Velveeta Cheese
- Combine in sauce pan over medium heat.
- Stir frequently until cheese has melted into chili.
- Serve with your favorite chips.