WHAT IS BLACK BEAN DIP?
INGREDIENTS FOR THIS CREAMY BLACK BEAN DIP
I LOVE how simple and few the ingredients are to make such a delicious show stopping dip! All you need to make this black bean dip is
- black beans (either canned or that you have previously cooked
- 1 cup salsa- I love to use fresh pico de gallo.
- 1 cup cilantro
WHAT KIND OF SALSA DO I USE?
- my favorite ingredients are always fresh!! I pretty much always have a batch of this fresh salsa in my fridge.
- If you don't have some fresh salsa hanging around make a quick batch of pico de gallo or pick up a fresh container of pico de gallo in your deli or produce section of your grocery store.
- If you dont have any of the above available use some of your favorite jarred salsa.
WHAT IF I DON'T HAVE SALSA?
If you don have salsa, throw in similar ingredients- like onion, tomato, jalapeno.
WHAT KIND OF BLACK BEANS DO I USE?
by all means you can soak your own beans, but you dont need to. Canned black beans is perfect. Rinse your beans and remove the juices.
HOW TO MAKE BLACK BEAN DIP
I make this dip in my blender. You can also use a food processor!
Step 1: Add your most wet or liquid ingredients first. This is usually you salsa, then lime.
Pile in your cilantro, black beans and seasonings.
BLEND YOUR BLACK BEAN DIP
Now that you have your ingredients in your blender or food processor pulse or blend on your dip setting,
SERVING YOUR BEAN DIP AT ROOM TEMPERATURE
You don't need to heat up this dip. It is delicious as is!
SERVING YOUR BEAN DIP HEATED UP
If you want to serve your bean dip heated, top it with your favorite cheeses. I suggest a mozzarella, cheddar or pepper jack. Place in the oven for about 15-20 minutes until its heated through and nice and bubbly.
HOW DO I MAKE A LOADED BEAN DIP?
Add all your favorite toppings like:
- cojita cheese
- jalapeños or pickled jalapenos
- more pico
- serve it in a 7 layer dip!
- There are so many options. You can also use it as a substitute for refried beans! Add it to burritos and tacos!
IS BLACK BEAN DIP SPICY OR MILD?
The dip as this is mild. However, you can take the heat up easily!! The best way to control the spice of this dip is by your salsa. Adding spicy or mild salsa will be what your dip's heat temperature is. Using a salsa to control the temp will also keep all the flavors balanced too! You can also add an extra jalapeno to your blender for a nice peppery spice.
WHAT DO I SERVE BLACK BEAN DIP WITH?
I love to serve this dip with tortilla chips. They complement it perfect.
A GLUTEN FREE OPTION
Because I am gluten free and many of my friends are too I always have these gluten free crackers or tortilla chips! Whether for my own personal snacking or a girls night in. These are my go to crackers for all dips (and so much more). They are amazingly crispy perfectly baked Miltons Crackers!
LEAVE US A COMMENT!
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to!
Black Bean Dip
- 1 Cup of your favorite Salsa homemade pico works great
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 can Black Beans
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- Salt to taste.
- Drain and rinse black beans.
- Wash and remove majority of stems from cilantro.
- Add all ingredients to blender. Starting with salsa and lime juice.
- Pulse till smooth.