I am a strong believer of the tacos and the salsas. There cannot be too many tacos or salsas, ever, in my life. I mean seriously. Fresh, healthy, lean, sat-is-fy-ing. I love this pineapple mango salsa for more than just the taco recipes however!
This pineapple mango salsa recipe is the perfect combination of sweet and savory. Let’s talk about how to make it.
How to make Pineapple Mango Salsa
Chopping is like therapy to me. But it has to be with a big ol’ Chef’s knife. The best way to cut these ingredients, especially the pineapple with its thick outer core is with a sharp knife.
Chop all ingredients really small.
Can I use canned pineapple?
Since the pineapple is the star of this dish I highly recommend you do not use canned pineapple. Using real fresh pineapple will make all the difference.
How to cut a mango
Cutting mango is really simple, once you have discover how to do it!
- Standing the the mango with its stem up cut down the two sides that are long.
- cut the opposites off.
- taking the large circular pieces cut into them in a grid like fashion, cut only as dip to the skin, do not cut through the skin.
- Using a large spoon scoop out the mango- it will be perfectly chopped for you!
How you do you know when a mango is ripe?
A mango is best when it is soft and a firm tender, but not mushy.
What meals do I serve this with?
This pineapple salsa is so delicious you can serve it as an appetizer with your favorite tortilla chips. But if you are thinking of spicing up a few of your meals try it with these instant pot Carnitas.
It also is the perfect topping with this Lemon Lime Chicken!
Love this recipe?! Want more Oh So Delicioso in your life? Follow us on facebook or instagram!! We’d love to become friends and get to know you!
Sweet and savory pineapple mango salsa is the perfect addition to so many meals! For meats, tacos or with chips! Easy to make and so fresh & healthy.
- 1/2 of a fresh pineapple diced. (about 2+ cups.)
- 1/2 of a small red bell pepper
- 1/2 of a jalapeño seeded and stemmed
- 1 mango
- 1 garlic glove
- 1/2 of a small purple onion
- juice of one lime
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Salt to taste
- Chop and dice all ingredients (you can use your food processor or blender, depending on how crunchy/minced you like your salsa)
- Combine together, let sit at room temperature for a few hours so the flavors can merry.
- add more salt if needed