The BEST EVER hummus. This Easy Hummus Recipe comes together in minutes, is very creamy and flavorful and SO MUCH better than any store-bought hummus you'll try.
Why You Will Love This Easy Hummus Recipes
Trust me, I've recipe tested, tried other hummus, and none have the depth of flavor that this one does. Secret ingredient? Soy sauce, Garlic and Lemon. The combination with the creamy chickpeas is incredible.
What is Hummus?
Hummus is a dip made of cooked or canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans), tahini sesame paste and lemon juice. Hummus has been eaten in the Middle East, Mediterranean and North African regions for as long as there are records. It is thought that it originated in Egypt.
What Key Ingredients Do I Need For this Hummus Recipe
- Chickpeas- also called Garbanzo Beans. I have had some issues with generic brands not blending up smooth, so if that is important to you grab great quality.
- Tahini- I have tried many times different hummus recipes without Tahini, They are good but not great. Tahini takes your humus to a whole new level.
- Olive Oil- This is for both flavor and helping the hummus to smooth out.
How To Make Healthy Hummus
- In a blender or a food processor add your soy sauce, fresh lemon juice, tahini first.
- Then add chickpeas or garbanzo beans and spices.
- Start pulsing to turn your chickpeas into a cream paste.
- Add in your olive oil until its nice and smooth.
What is better to make your hummus in blender or food processor
By far my homemade hummus recipe is more fluffy and smooth when I make it in my blendtec blender. My hummus in the food processor was still delicious just more grainy.
FAQ's about hummus
HUMMUS is full of fiber and protein. It is a great filling snack that can help curb hunger when you are waiting in between meals. It also contains healthy fats from the sesame seed (tahini) paste and olive oil.
Homemade hummus last 7-10 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
Tahini is sesame paste. You can find it in the ethnic food isle. It can come in a paste (tube) or in a jar.
Is Hummus Gluten-Free?
Yes, most recipes for hummus include all ingredients that are gluten-free. This recipe includes Soy Sauce which has wheat. I just make it with a gluten free soy sauce (or use coconut aminos). Serve it with gluten free pita bread, crackers, grill meat or veggies.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy
Around here we are pretty serious about our greek dips - we are no stranger to hummus recipes, you need to check out our:
- greek hummus - this hummus has the traditional garlic clove, tahini and chick peas, but it also has tons of delicious toppings.
- meatball pita
- Pita bread
- Beet Hummus
- Air fryer garlic naan - this is so dang good and I love that it is made in the air fryer!
Let's be Friends
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to.
Healthy Easy Hummus Recipe
- blender or food processor
- ¼ c lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (sub for salt or coconut amino for gluten free option)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flake
- ¼ c tahini paste look in ethnic isle or next to peanut butter
- 1 garlic cloves
- 2 cans garbanzo beans drained
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 large tomato diced
- ½ Tablespoon garlic minced
- ½ Tablespoon coarse salt
- 1 Tablespoon EVOO
- basil torn
- Prepare checca by gently mixing all ingredients in bowl, then refrigerating covered until ready to serve.
- Blend all hummus ingredients in blender, adding EVOO last to achieve correct consistency. Chill.
Let flavors marry, then when ready to serve, top hummus with checca. Serve with pita or veggies.