Healthy Hummus Recipe Ingredients
Hummus is made of
- garbanzo beans
- oil and spices
- Tahini paste. What is tahini paste you ask? It’s like peanut butter for sesame seeds.
How to make hummus
This healthy hummus recipe is really one of the easiest dips you will ever make. Basically, you throw all the ingredients into a high powered blender (we love blendtec) or your food processor and blend until smooth. It is THAT easy.
How to make the checca topping
Leave Us A Comment!
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to! And don’t forget to pin this recipe to save for later.
Creamy and delicious hummus that's so easy to whip up, serve with crackers or veggies.
- 1/8 c lemon juice
- 3/4 T soy sauce (sub for salt or coconut amino for gluten free option)
- 1 t salt
- 1 t cumin
- 1/4 t coriander
- 1/8 t cayenne
- 1/8 c tahini paste this can be difficult to find, I get mine at Sprouts next to the peanut butter
- 2 garlic cloves pressed through a garlic press
- 2 cans garbanzo beans drained
- 2 T+ EVOO
- 1 large tomato diced
- 1/2 T garlic minced
- 1/2 t coarse salt
- 1 T EVOO
- basil torn
- Prepare checca by gently mixing all ingredients in bowl, then refrigerating covered until ready to serve.
- Blend all hummus ingredients in blender, adding EVOO last to achieve correct consistency. Chill.
Let flavors marry, then when ready to serve, top hummus with checca. Serve with pita or veggies.