This has been my go-to dip lately. Loaded Greek hummus!! Creamy, garlicky hummus with fresh herbs, crunchy veggies and bombshell amount of flavor added is serious a dish I cannot get enough of. Best thing about it- is it can be a "semi-homemade" dip too. Meaning take some store bought hummus and add all the freshness and BAM. You are done.
WHAT KIND OF HUMMUS DO I USE?
Remember the hummus is the base and you are adding extra flavors and textures to it. So whether you are buying or making your hummus make sure it has a great fresh flavor and creamy texture.
CAN I USE A FLAVORED HUMMUS?
YES! again remember you are adding other flavors to your hummus, but these flavors pair really well with your typical flavored hummus. I love to use a roasted garlic, or plain. Other popular variations are roasted pepper hummus, Mediterranean hummus and so on. We have a few here on our blog you can try out too. Like this PESTO HUMMUS is a regular in our house.
STORE BOUGHT OR HOMEMADE? REALLY? IS ONE BETTER?
Store bought and homemade DO TASTE DIFFERENT but you know what? I love them BOTH! There are certain brands from the store that are definitely better than others, so if you are choosing store bought try a variety of brands to make sure you are choosing the very best.
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE HUMMUS
If you are going to make homemade hummus let me show you simple it is! What you need is:
- power blender or food processor
- chickpeas or garbanzo beans
- lemon juice
- tahini paste (found by peanut butter, or ethnic food isle)
and then basically you blend all together! SO EASY!
WHAT IS LOADED GREEK HUMMUS?
Loaded greek hummus is when you take all the delicious flavors, fruits and herbs from the Mediterranean cultures and add it to your hummus. This creates a nice chunky creamy hummus full of fresh crisp cucumbers, salty kalamata olives, juicy tomatoes and so much more!
INGREDIENTS FOR LOADED HUMMUS:
(of course! add more or less of your favorite ingredients)
- 1 cucumber diced
- 1 tomato diced
- purple onion diced
- green and kalamata olives halved
- fresh dill chopped
- feta cheese
After your hummus is prepared, spread on a platter or a low flat bowl. Top with all of the chopped toppings!!
WHAT DO I SERVE LOADED GREEK HUMMUS WITH?
I love to serve it with all of the following
- warm soft pita bread
- crunchy pita chips
- crunchy veggies (like carrots, bell pepper, even more cucumber!)
- gluten free crackers *love miltons baked GF crackers, or crunchmaster
- pretzels or pretzel slims
- fresh baked bread
but really, no matter what you serve it with it will be gone in minutes!! This I promise you.
Leave Us A Comment!
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to! And don’t forget to pin this recipe to save for later.
- 30 ounces cans of Chickpeas/ Garbonzo Beans
- ¼ cup EVOO
- ¼ cup Tahini Paste
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- ⅛ cup lemon juice
- 1 small Cucumber
- 1 Tomato
- Feta Cheese
- Kalamata and green Olives
- Fresh Dill
- purple onion chopped
- Drain and rinse beans. Place in a blender with remaining hummus ingredients.
- Pulse till smooth. You may need to scrap the sides once or twice.
- Spread on to a shallow serving dish.
- Top with diced tomato, onion, cucumber, olives, cheese, and dill.
- Serve with pita bread or chips.