Everytime we go to Melissa’s house for bookclub makes this delicious baked Brie. She serves it over a nice baguette, has some other delicious dessert and we sit as close friends and talk about life, families and of course the latest novel. Book club is one of my favorite things in the world. It has brought good friends, amazing books and some serious delicious food into my life. This is not the first recipe I have snagged from a book club meeting. It’s not even the first of Melissa’s. What are friends for if not to share recipes?
You start by simmering an apple, some golden rasins in cider for a few minutes. Have your oven heating and your brie prepped. It transfers very easily if you want to place it on some parchment paper during baking.
Place in the oven for only about 20 minutes. When you take it out it will hold its shape really well. After you cut into the cheese will ooooze out. (The best part!) You can wrap it up to keep it warm while you travel to your destination, or dig in immediately.
Serve with bread or a variety of crackers.
Oozie brie goodness!
- 1 small apple preferably McIntosh,Cortland or Granny Smith
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 4- inch Brie
- 1 tsp salt
- optional chopped peacans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Core and chop apple.
- Place in saucepan with raisins, salt and cider and boil gently until apples are tender but not mushy about 2 min.
- Put Brie in an oven proof dish slightly larger than the brie.
- Strain the liquid from the apple/raisin mixture and place on top of brie.
- Add pecans on top if using.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with sliced baguette or crackers.