The Perfect Finger Food
What Is A Spinach Ball?
Think of a spinach ball as a meatless meatball. Spinach balls are made of spinach (obviously), breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, egg, butter, and seasonings. The combination is really tasty and makes for the perfect appetizer. I love eating these straight out of the oven, but they can also be served at room temp.
Can Spinach Balls Be Frozen?
Absolutely! Premake them and freeze before baking. When needed, transfer to a cookie sheet and bake! This is a perfect make-ahead recipe!
Use A Cookie Scoop
My favorite way to form these spinach balls, or meatballs for that matter, is to use a cookie scoop. It is the perfect size and they create uniform balls. Of course you can just eyeball it, and roll one and a half inch balls from the dough, but if you don’t have a cookie scoop you need to invest! I love using it for cookies of course, and lots of other recipes.
GIVE US YOUR FEEDBACK!
Even if you are a little apprehensive about this recipe – I hope you’ll try it. I promise you’ll be pleasantly surprised just like I was! After you make them, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to!
A tasty, easy appetizer!
- 2 10 oz packages of frozen chopped spinach thawed and drained
- 2 cups italian bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup ground mustard found on the spice aisle
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 beaten egg
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine all ingredients and mix together using clean hands.
- Form into 1 to 1.5 inch balls.
- Please them on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.
- Whisk all ingredients together and transfer to a small saucepan.
- Bring just to a boil whisking the entire time.
- Can be served warm or at room temp.