Lemon Basil Hummus Ingredients
- BASIL- you are going to need a lot of basil. I recommend buying a whole plant, or if you have a Trader Joes they carry a huge pack of basil at an amazing price.
- PINE NUTS- pesto is combination of basil, oil, spices and pine nuts. I also grab mine at Trader Joes! But you can get it at grocery stores, and try the bulk section if your stores have that. It’ll be better priced that way!
- GARBANZO BEANS- are essential for hummus! Find them in the canned beans section.
- LEMON & SEA SALT- to brighten the flavor!
How to Make Lemon Basil Hummus
Lemon basil hummus is ridiculously easy! it’s a simple two step process.
- Toast the pine nuts on the stove top.
- Throw it all in the blender and blend!
I highly recommend a high powered blender like a blendtec. You can also use a food processor. Hummus is a thick and creamy dip that will require a strong blender/processor.
What to Serve Hummus With!
Since this lemon basil hummus is a gluten-free snack/dip we love to bring it to parties with the best gluten-free, non-GMO cracker there is! Ok, this cracker is just the best regardless! We love Crunchmaster Crackers for so many reasons.
They hold up like a champ to all the dips and spreads you could serve them with. They taste amazing! they have a crunchy salty roasted flavor. They do come in several different flavors as shown.
Make a veggie and cracker tray! Serve a variety of crunch master crackers, different hummus (this is our hummus recipe and lemon basil hummus!) and some veggies. It’ll be the most popular snack tray at the party!
I also love to keep all these around for after school snacks and school lunches. My kids LOVE it.
Crunchmaster challenged us to become a master of something. I’m talking recipes and turning them into healthier options of what they formerly were. Add using as many fresh and whole ingredients as possible, and taking out the bad. I’ve worked on a couple of hummus recipes making sure they are entirely gluten free, and healthy!
Creamy and smooth lemon pesto hummus
- 2 cans of Garbanzo Beans
- 2 cups loosely packed Basil
- 1/4 cup toasted Pine Nuts
- 1/3 cup EVOO
- 1/4 cup Water
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt & Pepper
- Tiny pinch of Cayenne Pepper
- Toast pine nuts in a skillet until golden brown.
- Wash basil.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- Pulse until smooth and creamy.
- Serve with Veggies or Pita Chips. Use as a spread on wraps or sandwiches.