Tender crispy carne asada with sweet and savory cranberry salsa, seriously delish! These Christmas tacos are going to be your new favorite holiday dinner! We're making the carne asada extra tender and juicy with a little crispy edges by using our new favorite pressure cooker + slow cooker + air fryer in one with the Crock-Pot Express Crisp Pressure Cooker.
This post is sponsored by Crock-Pot® Brand.
MAKING CARNE ASADA IN THE PRESSURE COOKER
Making your carne asada in the pressure cooker adds so much flavor AND tenderness to your meat. No more dried out extra chewy anything. I love using my Crock-Pot Express Crisp Pressure Cooker because I can not only pressure cook it but I can air-fry at the end for a little extra crispy touch. (OR this pressure cooker also allows you to sauté the meat too, if you would prefer that at the beginning you can also do that.)
HOW TO MAKE CARNE ASADA IN THE Crock-Pot Express Crisp Pressure Cooker
MARINATING YOUR FLANK STEAK
First step is to marinate your flank steak so it is nice and tender. Use a mixture of citrus, herbs and salt to make your carne asada incredibly flavorful. Let marinate for 30 min -24 hours.
Great flavors for your marinade
- orange, lemon, limes
- green onion or onion
- red wine vinegar
- salt, garlic salt or seasoning salt
PRESSURE COOKING YOUR CARNE ASADA FLANK STEAK
- cut your steak into 1 inch pieces
- add one cup beef broth. Cook for 10 min high pressure
- Remove from liquid and add racks.
WHY ADD WIRE RACK TO AIR FRY THE MEAT?
You want the meat to crisp up as fast as possible so it doesn't dry out the carne asada. Add the racks, and spacing out the meat allows the meat to be evenly spaced and air to circulate around the beef to crisp it up nice and face.
4. Add crisping lid and crisp for 5-10 minutes! Love how easy it is to get a final crisping on my carne asada with the Crisping Lid!
Making your carne asada is THAT easy and fast using this Crock-Pot Express Crisp Pressure Cooker.
MAKING THE CRANBERRY SALSA FOR HOLIDAY TACOS
Just as easy as making the carne asada is the salsa. Here is what you need:
- 1 bag cranberries
- green onions
BLENDING YOUR SALSA
Add your ingredients- starting with the cranberries.
Then proceed to pulse the salsa until it is chunky, I like mine a little more minced, but you can make yours pretty thick chunked!
STACKING YOUR CHRISTMAS TACOS
Make your Christmas tacos by adding loads of your pressure cooker carne asada, a heaping spoonful of cranberry salsa, extra lime if desired and some cojita cheese! maaaaaybe add some extra cilantro if you're a lover.
This Crock-Pot Express Crisp Pressure Cooker will seriously make all your holiday cooking so much easier! Plus- let it make your shopping a little easier too. You can find it at Kohls or by clicking on this link!
Keep In Touch!
If you tried this Veggie water or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to!
- Crock-Pot Express Crisp Pressure Cooker
- 3-4 lbs flank steak
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 limes juiced
- ½ cup onion or green onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 12 ounces cranberries
- 1 jalapeno seeded
- 1 bunch of cilanto
- 4-5 green onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 limes juiced
- In a large bowl or bag place all ingredients to marinate. Allow to marinate for 30 min to 24 hours. After Marinating cut flank steak into 1 inch pieces. Place in pressure cooker with 1 cup beef broth. Cook high pressure 10 minutes, natural release.
- Remove beef from pressure cooker and drain liquid. Add wire racks and place meat on racks. This is to help the hair circulate around the beef and crisp the outside. Place on crisping lid and cook for another 5-10 minutes using the air frying function.
- Add all ingredients into the blender- starting with cranberries and any liquid. Pulse until desired consistency.