Today's Recipe is a simple quick and delicious chicken marinade. It's got a whole lot of flavor and so simple to throw together. Best part, you really only need to marinate for an hour or less. I'm also going to share with you a few tips on grilling a great moist chicken breast! Hope help give you some confidence on the grill.
Grilled chicken is my go-to weeknight dinner. Easy to thaw and throw on the grill. When I'm not filling super creative, I throw some rice in the rice cooker, dish up some sautéed veggies (or raw), and serve with some grilled chicken. Dinner is done. Quick, healthy, and kids love it.
Tips for Grilling Chicken:
- Start with a clean grill. Using a grill brush, brush off any remaining char from the last time you grilled. This helps avoid sticking and extra char getting on your meat. Do this at the beginning of cooking rather than the end. The char at the end of the cooking helps to protect the grill grate, even help avoid rusting. Kind cool huh?
- Give the grill a little pat with some oil. You can just use an oiled paper towel to pat the grill. (Use tongs if the grill is already hot!)
- For quick even cooking, thaw chicken completely. My favorite thawing method is to fill the sink with hot hot water and put the chicken directly in. Let it sit for about 30 minutes and chicken will be thawed. (Be sure to disinfect sink when done!)
- Marinaded chicken is great, makes flavor penetrate the meat. When using marinades or rubs, add a little oil so that the flavor sticks to the meat.
- For a gas grill cook chicken on medium medium/high heat. Keep grill covered- this helps keep any moisture and heat in cooking the chicken more throughly.
- Stop grilling as soon as the chicken is done! Overcooking will dry out the meat. If your skeptical about doneness... use a meat thermometer. (165 deg F for Dark meat, 160 deg F for White)
If you're getting your grill on be sure to Hashtag it with #getyourgrillongirl ! We will be checking out your photos!
Grilled Asian Chicken Marinade
- 3-4 boneless skinless Chicken Breast
- ¼ C Soy Sauce
- ¼ C Water
- 2 Tablespoon EVOO
- ⅛ C Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 teaspoon Fresh Grated Ginger
- 3 cloves of Garlic finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar optional but yummy
- Thaw chicken.
- Place chicken and all ingredients in a large ziplock.
- Allow to marinate for at least 30 mins or as long as desired. (up to a day in the fridge.)
- Grill up and enjoy!
Erin V says
the brown sugar is definitely what did it for me - yummy idea