During summer, when the heat is unbearable, the last thing we want is a heavy meal. We turn to grilled meats and veggies, light salads and ice cold lemonade. Instead of a green salad try making this beautiful rainbow quinoa salad for your next meal or party!
This rainbow quinoa salad has some color and crunch with finely diced peppers, red onions and celery, add a little feta cheese, some tomato for more color, creamy avocado and fresh squeeze of lime juice.
Tips and Gadgets
- Rinse the beans!
- ALWAYS boil your quinoa in broth. I love to use Knorrs bullion + water because it has extra seasonings.
- Finely chop your ingredients!
- Make salad at least 30 minutes before serving so it has time for seasonings to marry.
This is the perfect gadget for this rainbow quinoa salad! I LOVE my Vidalia Chopper Pro. It chops all these veggies up in a matter of minutes. They’re small and uniform! I also love to use it for pico de gallo or chopping sides for green salads.
Beat the heat with quinoa!
- 1 cup dried quinoa
- 2 cups broth I like to use knorrs and water
- 1 to mato
- 1/3 red bell pepper
- 1/3 yellow bell pepper
- 1/3 green bell pepper
- 1 small red onion
- 3/4 cup feta cheese
- 1 avocado
- 2 stalk of celery
- salt and pepper to taste
- juice of one lime
- Cook quinoa in broth. Set aside to cool.
- Drain can of black beans, then rinse.
- Finely dice all veggies.
- Toss together all chopped ingredients
- Mix with fresh lime juice
- Top with avocado and feta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- *to cook quinoa in pressure cooker add 1 cup quinoa, 1 1/2 cups broth, cook on rice setting for 1 minute and natural release.