Fresh, healthy and perfect for all occasions. Roasted sweet potatoes, fluffy quinoa, crunchy greens with an easy homemade zesty lemon vinaigrette. This sweet potato quinoa salad is sure to be your new fav salad!
INGREDIENTS FOR QUINOA SALAD
- roasted sweet potatoes
- arugula (can use a arugula spinach mix)
- cooked quinoa
INGREDIENTS FOR ZESTY LEMON DRESSING
HOW TO MAKE SWEET POTATO QUINOA SALAD
This salad has a few steps- but good news! you can 100% make most of it ahead of time so its easy to put together in a jiffy!
STEP 1 ROAST SWEET POTATOES
Take your sweet potatoes and toss in olive oil and spices. Bake them until the edges turn golden brown and are starting to crisp up.
PROTIP: Half way through baking flip and mix your sweet potatoes. Set them aside after done baking.
STEP TWO: QUINOA
PROTIP: Be sure to cook in broth! once done, set it aside so it cools also.
STEP 3: ZESTY LEMON VINAIGRETTE
In your blender add your
- lemon juice and zest
- olive oil
- garlic and salt
Blend until it is creamy and smooth!
Take your dressing and set it aside too.
TOSS IT ALL TOGETHER
Now that all the pieces are prepared (and didn't forget the cheese!) its time to add them together!
WHAT TEMP DO I SERVE THIS SALAD
Because the greens will wilt when warm, unless you are serving this salad immediately, make sure the quinoa and sweet potatoes are room temp.
CAN I MAKE THIS SALAD AHEAD OF TIME?
You can make the parts ahead of time (even a few days ahead of time) but don't toss them together with the dressing until you're ready to eat!
I DON'T LIKE FETA, CAN I SUB WITH ANOTHER CHEESE?
Feta pairs deliciously with this salad with its salty flavor, however if you're not a fan there are substations. Another great cheese to use is fresh parmesan. If you need a more mild cheese use fresh mozzarella.
ARE THERE OTHER TOPPINGS I CAN ADD?
We love adding fresh creamy avocado, fresh salt and pepper! Feel free to add your favorite salad toppings.
LETS BE FRIENDS!
If you tried this Recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to!
Sweet Potato Arugula Quinoa Salad
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 3 cups cooked in chicken broth about 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 TBS olive oil
- one small container of crumbled feta about 3-4oz
- one bag of arugla about 3 cups or 5 oz
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- zest from one lemon
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 TBS honey
- In a blender combine fresh lemon juice, salt, lemon zest,olive oil, garlic in a blender and blend at high speed till dressing is creamy. Make dressing at least a few hours ahead of time for better flavor.
- Wash, peel and dice sweet potatoes. Toss in olive oil, smoked paprika, seasoning salt, salt. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Bake at 400 for about 10 minutes, flip or stir potatoes and cook 10 more minutes. You want the potatoes to be fork tender but not mushy.
- Cook quinoa in instant pot with broth or on the stove top with broth.
- Let quinoa and sweet potatoes cool to room tempature, but allow them to lay in a single layer.
- When cool toss with arugula and feta. Toss with dressing right before serving.