Crisp greens, nutty walnuts, tart blueberries, creamy goat cheese, and tender grill stone fruit come together in this Stone Fruit Grilled Salad. Topped with a fresh basil vinaigrette this salad will have you savoring every last bite of summer.
What Is A Stone Fruit Grilled Salad?
First, let’s start with – what is a stone fruit? Stone fruit is a fruit with flesh or pulp enclosing a stone (or pit), such as a peach, plum, apricot or cherry. In this salad I am actually using plucots – which are a hybrid fruit combining plums and apricots. So! A stone fruit grilled salad is a salad made using stone fruits that have been grilled.
Why Should I Grill My Stone Fruits?
The heat of a grill intensifies the natural sugars in and softens the flesh. This results is a sweet, slightly caramelized fruit – which is perfect for a salad.
What Do I Need To Make A Stone Fruit Salad?
For this salad you’ll need:
- green leaf lettuce
- stone fruit (plucots, apricots, peaches, plums, etc.)
- goat cheese
- olive oil
- rice vinegar
How Do I Make Fresh Basil Vinaigrette?
First lets talk about the dressing. A fresh basil vinaigrette that is BURSTING with freshness. I whipped this up in my blender and boy was it the finishing touch to this salad. It added a clean, herbal tang – that you just CAN’T get from a store bought dressing. As always I used my Blendtec to make the perfect dressing.
- Add oil and vinegar to your blender jar.
- Pour in honey
- Top with basil.
- Blend until smooth.
How Do I Make Stone Fruit Grilled Salad?
- Prepare your plucots but slicing in half, removing the pit or stone, and slicing again.
- Place flesh side down on a hot grill and cook for 2-3 minutes each side until grill marks appear and flesh is softened.
- Assemble salad by layer lettuce, grilled stone fruit, blueberries, pecans, and goat cheese.
- Serve with basil vinaigrette.
What Do I Serve With Stone Fruit Grilled Salad?
This salad is the perfect addition to a grill meat. May I suggest:
DON’T BE A STRANGER
Please let me know if you make this instant pot pumpkin pie oatmeal!! I love to hear from those who make my recipes. If you want to keep up with our newest recipes, make sure you follow is on Facebook and Instagram, and make sure to subscribe to our newsletter.
Stone Fruit Grilled Salad
- 1 head of red leaf lettuce chopped
- 3 stone fruit (plucots, peaches, plums, apricots) quartered, pits removed
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 oz crumbled goat cheese
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl combine lettuce, stone fruit, pecans, blueberries, and goat cheese.
- In a blender combine basil, honey, vinegar, oil, and salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. Serve dressing on the side of salad.