These Baked Potato Skins are ALWAYS and major hit! Total MAN food. I made them for a football party recently and the guys guzzled these things down, not to mention the ladies that attended… These are great as an appetizer, a side dish or for a party, like the superbowl!
Honestly though what is not to like? These are all worth the calories! Baked Potato Skins are pretty fast and easy to make, in fact I usually make baked potatoes the night before- using the insides for dinner and save the skins for this recipe.
My favorite way to cook baked potatoes is by rubbing them with a litle olive oil and course sea salt or kosher salt and popping them in the oven with no wrapping on them. Straight on the grate. I save the fluffy insides for a meal with my family, and the skins for the party.
- 5-6 potatoes (already baked)
- 3 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- bacon strips cooked and crumbled
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sliced green onion or minced purple onion
- Bake potatoes without any foil on outside so the skins will cook a little crunchy. I prefer to rub them in olive oil and kosher salt.
- After potatoes have been baked cut them in half lengthwise, scoop out the pulp leaving about 1/4 inch in shell.
- Place potato skins on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Combine butter, Parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, paprika,and pepper.
- Brush over both sides of skins.
- Bake at 475 degrees skin side up for 7 minutes. Turn over and bake for 7 minutes more (or until crispy). Sprinkle bacon and cheddar cheese inside skins and bake 2 minutes longer (or until cheese is melted).
- Top with sour cream and onions, serve immediately.