WHAT INGREDIENTS YOU NEED FOR BUTTERMILK BANANA BREAD
- ripe, smashed bananas
- flour, sugar
- baking soda and baking powder
HOW TO MAKE BUTTERMILK
HOW CAN I MAKE GLUTEN FREE BUTTERMILK BANANA BREAD?
HOW TO MAKE BUTTERMILK BANANA BREAD
- Start by mixing your dry ingredients together, ensuring everything is well incorporated.
- using a fork mash up your ripe bananas
- Mix your wet ingredients and bananas into your dry ingredients gradually.
- Pour your banana bread into a non-stick pan, or spray a non-stick spray before hand.
BAKING YOUR BANANA BREAD
WHAT SIZE LOAF DO I USE?
I prefer using smaller loaf pans. My favorite are 3×5 aluminum pans you can find at your grocery store in the paper goods isle. These bake quicker allowing the bread to have a nice crisp crust but not over done on the outside. I find the bigger the pan is the longer the bread has to cook causing a dryer over done crust. The small aluminum pans also are great for sharing with friends.
CAN I MAKE THESE INTO MUFFINS?
ABSOLUTELY! I frequently will make muffins out of this recipe, or I’ll do some small loaves and muffins. switch it up, the kids will love it!
HOW LONG DO I BAKE BANANA BREAD?
This will depend on what size bread pan you have put your batter in. For muffins about 15-20 minutes. Smaller loaves like 3×5 aluminum pans about 30 minutes. For 8in pans about 45 minutes and for 9in+ allow 50-60 minutes. To test out your bread if you press down on the top of your bread and springs back it is done. If you press down and it depresses and stays depressed that means your bread is still doughy inside.
CAN I ADD CHOCOLATE CHIPS?
HECK YES! you don’t even need to ask. Add your favorite brand and flavor. It will be delicious. I’d recommend 12 oz bag would be plenty!
If you tried this Buttermilk Banana Bread or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to
Buttermilk Banana Bread
- 3 C. flour
- 1 1/2 C. sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 C. butter
- 1 1/2 C. buttermilk
- 4 large mashed bananas
- mix together dry ingredients
- in a separate bowl mix wet ingredients
- add dry and wet ingredients, mix well.
- Make your own buttermilk see notes below- mix 1.5 cups half and half (or milk or cream, half and half preferred) and 1.5 T lemon juice or vinegar. Let stand for 5 minutes before mixing with other ingredients.
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 30-35 min. RESULTS ARE BEST IF MADE IN SMALL LOAF PANS Yields about 6 small loaves.