Years ago my friend brought this sweet salsa recipe over for book club. We loved it so much it became a regular appetizer for book club, parties and even just for snacking. This sweet salsa is light yet filling, savory and sweet healthy and delicious. All the good things.
How to make Sweet Salsa
Sweet salsa is a blend of fresh fruit, a few herbs and beans. I like to start by draining and rinse my black beans. You’ll also want to drain your corn. If fresh corn is in season chop it right off the cob! It’ll taste even more fresh.
There are a few subs you can use- like the corn. For instance if you do not have fresh tomatoes on hand a can of diced tomatoes will work. Also if mangoes are hard to find in your area pineapple can be substituted too. Toss everything except the avocado together and let ti marry in the fridge. Right before serving add chopped avocado. You want to save that avocado will last so that it doesn’t turn brown.
We serve this sweet salsa with these Crunchmaster crackers. They are my favorite to serve at gatherings because theyre gluten free! They taste incredible and have the perfect crunch to them to hold up to a heavy dip. My kids and I cruch on these Crunchmaster crackers all day long.
Crunchmaster challenged us to become a master of something. I’m talking recipes and turning them into healthier options of what they formerly were. Add using as many fresh and whole ingredients as possible, and taking out the bad.
An easy sweet and tangy salsa that makes a great appetizer served with crackers or topping to any Mexican dish.
- 2 cans of black beans drained and rinse
- 1 can of corn drained
- 2 diced tomatoes you can also use plain or fire roasted canned tomatoes
- 1 diced avocado
- 1 diced mango pineapple is also great if you don't have mango
- chopped cilantro about 1/2 a bunch
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of Italian Dressing
- 1/4 of a large purple onion
- Combine all ingredients* in a medium bowl. Sprinkle with garlic salt and stir.
- Store in an airtight container in refrigerator. Stores well for a 1 week.
- *if not serving for a few hours do not add the avocado until right before serving.