Smooth vanilla protein shake combined with peanut butter, banana, cinnamon, and a touch of honey - for the flavor of a snickerdoodle cookie. This snickerdoodle protein shake is not only delicious with a spiced vanilla flavor, but it is made in seconds in the blender. Let me show you just how to do it!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
I love a meal replacement shake. It is such a fast tasty breakfast, or an easy on-the-go lunch. I've enjoyed experimenting with fun combos to keep that ol' boring protein shake exciting and yummy. This Snickerdoodle Protein Shake has been my favorite lately. Who doesn't like drinking cookies for breakfast??? This is a twist on a classic vanilla protein shake that is anything other than boring.
I also enjoy making these other protein shake recipes: an almond joy protein shake, strawberry protein smoothie or a pumpkin pie protein shake. I can whip these up in my blender in seconds and have a satisfying and delicious meal with zero cooking, chopping, or waiting. I promise you that you will be so so sad when this shake is gone. My kids beg for a sip when I make this shake for myself.
About The Ingredients
The ingredients for this delicious meal replacement are simple, and can be found at your local grocery store. Here are a few items to note:
- almond milk - I like using almond milk in my vanilla protein shakes because they are light in calories and flavor. You can also use cows milk, or oat milk.
- banana - adding a banana helps to thicken the shake and give it that smooth consistency.
- honey - this gives a depth of flavor and more of that "snickerdoodle" flavor.
- vanilla protein powder - use the variety that you enjoy. I will give a few recommendations later on.
A complete list of ingredients can be located in the recipe card below.
How To Make It
Step 1: In a blender jar - add almond milk.
Pro Tip - always add liquids to the bottom of your blender. This allows the blade to turn and fully blend everything.
Step 2: Add 1 teaspoon of honey and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract to your jar.
Step 3: Add in half of a banana.
Step 4: To your blender, add 1 teaspoon of peanut butter.
Step 5: Add in 1 scoop vanilla protein powder and your cinnamon.
Step 6: Pour ice cubes into your blender jar.
Step 7: Blend until smooth.
Step 8: Transfer to a glass and top with a sprinkle of cinnamon. Consume immediately.
- Blendtec - my ultimate favorite blender. I have used this blender more than any other small appliance in my kitchen. It blends everything to perfection and is a workhorse. Definitely worth the investment.
- Blendjet - this portable blender is perfect for making a shake on the go or at work. While not as powerful as the Blendtec, it is very convenient.
Protein Powder Recommendations
My favorite protein powders are:
- BSN Syntha 6 - this is inexpensive and readily available on amazon. It tastes great and is one of my favorites.
- Shakeology - Shakeology is pricy, but includes lots of healthy super foods that Syntha 6 doesn't. You can only get shakeology from Beachbody.com. They also have an option for plant based protein.
- Clean Simple Eats - mid prices, and low in calories. Comes in a variety of flavors.
Snickerdoodle Shake FAQ
Adding a natural sweetener like honey or agave, like we did in this recipe - really improves the taste of protein shakes. As a matter of fact - this vanilla protein shake is so dang good that you'll make it over and over.
Adding some banana helps to thicken the shake. You can also add half of an avocado, greek yogurt, or ice. Also freezing your banana, and using frozen banana in place of room temp will make your smoothie cold and thick.
While protein shakes are not a magic drink, they can help you get more protein into your diet. There are many benefits to increasing your protein intake.
Snickerdoodle Protein Shake
- 10 ounces almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon peanut butter
- ½ banana
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup ice
- Add ingredients to blender in order listed.
- Blend to desired consistency. Enjoy.