Want to eat pumpkin pie day and night? Or just love a delicious pumpkin spice drink in the morning? This protein pack, low sugar, low carb Pumpkin Smoothie is just that. I'd bet that even pumpkin pie haters will love this smoothie (because thats me and I think this is delicious.)
Why You'll Love This Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
We have some pretty famous smoothies on our blog like this Snickerdoodle Shake and this Peach Cobbler Smoothie. Protein Shakes are one of my favorite things to eat all year- so I knew I had to make one for the fall. This pumpkin smoothie is
- cream pumpkin pie flavor
- low sugar, low carb
- packed with protein
- tastes like a dessert but totally healthy
Ingredients for Healthy Pumpkin Smoothie
Healthy pumpkin smoothie ingredients
This pumpkin smoothie is creamy, has the perfect consistency, is wonderfully spiced so it actually tastes like you’re enjoying a slice of pumpkin pie. Plus, it’s healthy! Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
- Pumpkin puree: this is in the baking isle. You wont want the pumpkin pie filling, just puree.
- vanilla greek yogurt: You can choose fat free, but I prefer regular vanilla greek yogurt
- Frozen banana: make sure its frozen and at peak ripeness for sweetness.
- Almond milk: feel free to use regular milk or another plant based milk
- Almond butter: Or feel free to use peanut butter
- Vanilla extract: boosts that sweetness!
- Pumpkin pie spice: If you dont have this you can use cinnamon ginger and nutmeg. see recipe notes.
How to make Pumpkin Smoothie
Step 1: Always Start with Liquids when blending. Almond Milk and Yogurt.
Step 2: Pumpkin Pie Puree
Step 3: Frozen banana. Make sure its frozen to help with consistency and ripe.
Step 4: Vanilla Protein powder. I'm a big fan of Clean Simple Eat's protein powder but any will work!
Step 5: Add in your nut butter
Step 6: Add your Pumpkin Pie Spice OR you can add in ½ teaspoon cinnamon and a pinch of nutmeg and ginger.
Step 7: For a really cold, icy smoothie add in about 6 ice cubes. Blend!
Step 8: top with whip cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Tips for the best Pumpkin Pie Smoothie Recipe
- When blending start on a low speed then gradually blend faster.
- Make sure you banana if frozen to help with consistency.
- If your smoothie is too thick add a little more liquid
- make plenty to share because everyone is going to want this!
Pumpkin Smoothie FAQ's
If you plan on drinking it within a few hours stick it in the fridge. If you prefer to drink it another day stick it in the freezer.
Move a single-serving pumpkin pie smoothie or jar in the fridge from freezer. Let it thaw overnight back to its creamy consistency.
If you only have pumpkin pie filling or accidentally grabbed it- then just omit the spices. Pumpkin Pie filling has spices already added to it. If you taste your smoothie after its made and decide it needs more spice add it then.
Love Pie?! You Must Try Some of These.
Give Us Your Feedback!
If you tried this pumpkin pie smoothie or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to!
Protein Pumpkin Pie Shake
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ cup vanilla greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice or ½ teaspoon cinnamon pinch of nutmeg and ginger
- 6 ice cubes optional
- whipped cream optional
- In blender add all ingredients except whipped cream. Blend until smooth. Adding more ice cream or milk to reach your desired consistency.
- Top with whipped cream topping, serve immediately.