Creamy warm eggs cooked in delicious simple salsa soaking up allll the flavors, served with beans, tortillas, avocados sounds like the perfect meal to me! You won't believe how fast and dang good these easy heaves rancheros recipe is!
WHAT ARE HUEVOS RANCHEROS?
Huevos Rancheros is a classic Mexican breakfast. Its a fried egg served with cooked salsa, tortillas, and beans. When you cut into the eggs and the yolk mixes with all the flavors you can't stop eating! We've taken the huevos rancheros recipe and altered it just a tiny bit by cooking the eggs in the salsa. The eggs soak up all the flavor!
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO YOU NEED FOR EASY HUEVOS RANCHEROS RECIPE?
- fresh salsa
- canned tomatoes (I love fire roasted!)
- green onions
Other items for serving: You can eat it just straight out of the pan with the cooked salsa, eggs but other items you might want to pick up are :
- corn tortillas
- fresh cilantro
- black beans or refried beans
HOW TO MAKE HUEVOS RANCHEROS
STEP ONE: In a little bit of heated oil sauté the shallot (and jalapeño if desired) for a few minutes.
STEP TWO: Add your salsa and canned tomatoes and bring them to a simmer.
WHAT KIND OF SALSA DO I USE?
OF COURSE, the best salsa to use would be this fresh salsa recipe! It is SO good and full of fresh healthy ingredients. Make a big batch of it a day or so before so you don't feel rushed or over worked when making the huevos rancheros eggs.
You can also purchase your favorite salsa, or the best fresh salsa your local grocery store has.
STEP THREE: Bring the salsa to a simmer and make for little holes (less or more depending on how many eggs you are cooking)
STEP FOUR: crack the eggs into the simmering salsa!
Keeping the eggs simmering add a lid and let the eggs cook for a few minutes. For less runny yolks cook longer.
STEP FIVE: top with your favorite toppings, or serve on warm tortillas with refried beans and avocado.
Keep in touch!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to!
Poached Huevos Rancheros in Simple Salsa
- 4-6 eggs
- 1 jalepeno
- 1 shallot
- 1 Tablespoon EVOO
- 2 cans / 15 oz Mexican Stewed Tomatoes
- Refried Beans
- Corn Tortillas
simple salsa recipe
- 6 roma tomatoes
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 small onion
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 garlic clove
- 15 oz can tomatoes
- 2 limes juiced
- Mince jalepeno and shallot, then sauté in a saucepan with evoo.
- If tomatoes are not already diced plus the can of stewed tomatoes, salsa and juices in blender 5-7 times. Or until small pieces remain, not pureed.
- Add to skillet, mix and allow to simmer about 10 mins.
- Crack eggs gently into salsa, season with salt and pepper, cover and allow to simmer until desired doneness is reached. About 6-8 minutes for no yolk.
- For canned refried beans, warm in a sauce pan and thin with milk.
- Add cumin, garlic salt, pepper and chili powder to taste.
- Layer corn tortillas with refried beans and scoop out poached egg and salsa on top.
- Garnish with cheese, cilantro and avocado as desired. Totally enjoy!
simple salsa instructions
- In blender or food processor add jalapeño, onion, garlic clove, lime juice, cilantro, and canned tomatoes. Plus until mincedQuarter roma tomatoes and add to blender, pulse until salsa is desired consistency.