This post was sponsored by Biochem. All opinions are my own.
Do you love pancakes, but hate the carb and sugar count? Good news - we have healthy protein pancakes on the menu for you. Made with only five ingredients, these flapjacks are a quick and easy breakfast that even the greenest of cooks can make.
What are protein pancakes?
If you're tired of using your protein powder to only make shakes - this is a tasty and delicious option to get that protein in. These protein pancakes are made without flour and sugar. Instead they are made with banana, egg, and protein powder - for a really healthy and tasty breakfast. I love making these a part of my weight loss journey.
What Do I Need To Make Protein Pancakes?
The ingredient list is very short for these nutritious and healthy protein pancakes. You'll need:
- Biochem Whey Protein Isolate + Joint
- baking soda
Let's Talk Protein Powder
There are a lot of protein powders out there - so choosing a quality product can sometimes be hard. I likeBiochem protein because they have been in business for over 15 years, and the brand is #1 in whey proteins. Aside from their whey protein they also have a vegan powder that is also delicious. This line is certified gluten free - which isn't always true when it comes to protein powder. I know I'm getting a quality ingredient with this brand - all ingredients are sourced in the U.S., and the powders also include 20 amino acids. I've chosen the natural flavor of the Whey Protein Isolate + Joint varierty for this recipe - but they have a wide range of flavors to suit your taste.
Collagen is so good for you - which is another reason I love this particular protein powder. It really helps with support for joint comfort and flexibility.
How Do I Make Protein Pancakes?
- Add eggs, banana, baking soda, and salt to a blender jar.
- Add Biochem protein powder.
- Blend until well combined and smooth.
- Cook on a skillet until bubbles start to pop, then flip and cook 1-2 minutes on opposite side.
- Serve with berries, powdered sugar, or honey.
What Do I Put On These Flapjacks?
Try topping with:
- fresh berries
- powdered sugar
Can I Make These Ahead?
Yes! You can make a large batch - and then refrigerate or freeze. Pop into the microwave for 1 minutes, and you have a warm and delicious protein pancake.
KEEP IN TOUCH!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to!
Healthy Protein Pancakes
- 4 eggs
- 1 large banana
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 scoops Biochem Protein Powder
- Combine all ingredients in a blender jar.
- Blend until well combined.
- Cook on a skillet heated to about 350 degrees. Add ⅓ cup of batter per pancake. Cook until bubbles start to pop, and then flip. Cook opposite side 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with desired garnishes.
Leave a Reply