A few years back some friends brought this tasty asparagus salad to a BBQ. This salad was gone in 2 seconds flat. Everyone asked for the recipe, including me, and it has been a staple ever since.
Perfect For A BBQ
This dish is PERFECT for summer evening dinners. You will love this along with any sort of grilled meat. We had this with steaks and corn on the cob the other night with my family. My brother said that the only thing he would change about it was to have more of it in his belly!
Asparagus – Bring On The Green
Green salads don’t require lettuce, they just require green! And this is such a nice variation to your run o’ the mill green salad. So bring on those lovely green veggies like asparagus.
Everything about this salad screams summer to me. I love the fresh colors and flavors! There is nothing better than making a mouthwatering dish right after a visit to the farmer’s market!
Summer Asparagus Salad
- 1 LB asparagus, trimmed and halved
- 1 pint small tomatoes (cherry, grape, herlium, etc.), halved
- 2 avocados, cubed
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 TBSP dijon mustard
- 1 TBSP kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- juice from one lemon
- Boil a large pot of water. Meanwhile, trim your asparagus and slice in half. Half your tomatoes. Cube your avocados.
- Once boiling add salt to the water. Toss in your trimmed and halved asparagus and blanch by boiling it for 2 minutes. After 2 minutes drain your asparagus through a colander filled with ice to stop the cooking.
- Combine asparagus, tomatoes, avocados, and cheese.
- Prepare dressing in a small bowl by whisking oil, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pour over the asparagus mixture and toss to combine. Chill in fridge until served.